Grom usb3 connection questions

Greetings. Now that I found out what to use to be able to connect my ipod to my 1991 NSX I have another question. Does anyone know if I need any addition cables run from the GROM to be able to use my ipod or iphone 6 for music. I will be connecting the GROM unit to where the old cd changer was. Does a cable need to be run from the GROM to the head unit or no? I will not be hooking up my phone for bluetooth use just want it for music. Thanks,

Mike Ekstrom

Unplug your old CD changer and remove the unit. Plug in the GROM to that cable. That's the cable that goes to the head unit.

Then you'll need another cable that will plug in your iPhone or iPod to the GROM unit. Very easy! I have one and it's great! :)

Grom

Unplug your old CD changer and remove the unit. Plug in the GROM to that cable. That's the cable that goes to the head unit.

Then you'll need another cable that will plug in your iPhone or iPod to the GROM unit. Very easy! I have one and it's great! :)

Ok thanks. How and where did you get the cable thru the rear firewall.

Is the CD changer still in your car and working? If so, you don't need to run any cables, as the cable that is attached to your CD changer will be the same cable that attaches to the GROM.

If your CD changer is no longer in your car, and the cable has also been removed for some reason, then I imagine you'll need to run another cable. Do a search.

This is really simple, plug and play stuff.

Ok thanks. How and where did you get the cable thru the rear firewall.

OP, you need to do some searches on this install as it's all been covered in detail
Look at warrenw thread on his install.
The cable that runs from the head unit goes through the firewall to the trunk CD changer already.
If you want to install the Grom unit behind the drivers seat the cable is already there.
It's too complicated to explain here but if you do some homework all will be revealed.

I installed my GROM behind the drivers seat and ran the GROM USB and IPOD/IPHONE connectors to the center console.
Grom install.jpg

Back