Greetings from The Glen

Just a quickie photo of our newest open tracker (behind me of course), Gene Lim. Congrats on passing and joining the ranks of the good, the bad and the ugly.
68285093-L.jpg

Great shot by The Don! Thanks, Bob, Pete, and Don. Great weekend with trackmasters - looking forward to Kids' Day!

Congrats Gene on your OT rating:biggrin:

Looks like you had perfect weather for some serious track time :cool:
We keep seeing more and more photos of TheDon flying solo. Just a few more track outings and he may be joining you as a full time OT soloist.
Maybe I can join you next time. Sorry but I was busy in AC for the weekend losing Josh's tuition:tongue:

Hope to see you all soon

Firstly, congrats to Gene!!! Now, let's get to the fiction part of this thread. I know Bob had to have photoshopped The Don passing cars, soooo, what's the real truth, did Bob drive The Don's car and pass those cars, or was that Gene under the helmut. Looks like a beautiful day at the Glen.... Glad you all had a good time. :biggrin:

The Don did that all by himself. He made us all proud as did Gene who is a welcome addition to the Open Trackers.

Plus, The Don finally managed to get a photo of me holding up traffic....

68439577-L-1.jpg

Let me set the record straight. Don was driving. Don can now add "hot shoe" to his list of achievements just below ladies man. I instructed "The Don" this past weekend and some of his corner exit speeds were close to mine. If Don can take additional time away from wining and dining the ladies, then he should be OT rated next year.

Peter Mills said:
Let me set the record straight. Don was driving. Don can now add "hot shoe" to his list of achievements just below ladies man. I instructed "The Don" this past weekend and some of his corner exit speeds were close to mine. If Don can take additional time away from wining and dining the ladies, then he should be OT rated next year.
Hot shoe, or hot pants, bet he still won't be allowed to join BAP racing!!!!:smile:

Did Gene trailor his car there? My boss said he say a yellow nsx being trailored home in the Basking Ridge area.

That was Gene. Fortunately, we were at the track to remind him that the car had to be off of the trailer in order to qualify for Open Track.

Looks like more wonderful track memories for you guys!Don, looks like you are on the right path to going faster:biggrin: Hope to share some track days with you guys soon:redface:

Looks like it was a great weekend. Glad to see the rookies giving you veterans a run for the money. I would expect "The Don" to do very well. After all, he has so many cars he must know how to drive ......:biggrin:

Friends and Roger:

Yes, thanks to Peter's excellent guidance and instruction I had another very successful driving school. Did I pass every car that RSO showed? No, but truth be told, I had the pleasure of passing that Ferrari a couple times, a couple 911 GT3 and even a Viper (if they were willing to ease up on the throttle in the straights). :cool: We had a great class of students with terrific track etiquette. I passed many and many passed me.

Even more important, when I drove solo on Sunday for two sessions, my confidence, concentration, and consistency were far superior than my abilities when I was on the track last year.

Now I can't wait for Kid's Day to continue the momentum.

Peter also coined a new phrase as I passed a car ... "You've been donned"

thedon67 said:
Friends and Roger:

Yes, thanks to Peter's excellent guidance and instruction I had another very successful driving school. Did I pass every car that RSO showed? No, but truth be told, I had the pleasure of passing that Ferrari a couple times, a couple 911 GT3 and even a Viper (if they were willing to ease up on the throttle in the straights). :cool: We had a great class of students with terrific track etiquette. I passed many and many passed me.

Even more important, when I drove solo on Sunday for two sessions, my confidence, concentration, and consistency were far superior than my abilities when I was on the track last year.

Now I can't wait for Kid's Day to continue the momentum.

Peter also coined a new phrase as I passed a car ... "You've been donned"

OUCH!!!!! That hurt. After I spent thousands coming to see you play, and to dine with you, you alienate me, and hurt my feelings. I think that I've been "donned" too!!!! I look forward to seeing you at Kid's Day, and hope that your momentum towards membership in BAP is accelerated!!!!!:eek:

You are my extra special friend Roger! :smile:

Late breaking news -- I'm returning to the stage this summer in Nunsensations! July 14 - Aug 26.

Peter can't make it -- he is busy those 7 weekends.

thedon67 said:
You are my extra special friend Roger! :smile:

Late breaking news -- I'm returning to the stage this summer in Nunsensations! July 14 - Aug 26.

Peter can't make it -- he is busy those 7 weekends.

I'm Busy too!!!! But thanks for the "warm thoughts" Glad that you're doing so well in your driving. Maybe next year I'll get some hot laps with Peter, Doc John, RSO, Gene, & "The Don", what a day that would be!!!!!
Keep up the good work, and I do look forward to seeing everyone next week at Bridgewater Day, and than again at Kid's Day!!!!!:cool:

Don / Gene.... Congrats:biggrin:

I wish I could have been there, so many things are taking up my time right now. I miss all of you guys (and being on the track as well). With the Glen's limited schedule this year I don't even see how it's possible I will get up there until 2007. I'm going to beg DocJohn for some possible time with him at Poccono, but being out there without Trackmasters is like the wild wild west.

Anywho, I guess I'll catch up with everyone down at Bridgewater in a couple of weeks. Take care

Yes, looking forward to seeing everybody at Bridgewater Day and at Kid's day in July!

RPM217 said:
Hot shoe, or hot pants, bet he still won't be allowed to join BAP racing!!!!:smile:

I say: "Off with his hair!!" Then he is in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):)

Regards,
LarryB

My "pink hair" is growing, it takes less time to get my hair cut than the previous time (why do they charge me the same??). I say that we should hold him down and either scalp him, or give him a "mohawk"!!!!!:eek:

Back