Greetings, Comment & Question

Greetings all.

It’s a longer story (and a great one at that) but a little over 2 months ago I bought a 2021 NSX which only had 500 miles on it. It was purchased by an Acura dealer who drove it exactly 500 miles and parked it in his dealership as a showpiece. It now has 1,500 miles on the clock.

Having owned 2 first generation NSX’s I’ve long known, from the start, what an incredible car it was and is. (Regrettably, I no longer own either).

And since prices for Gen-1 NSX’s typically exceed $100,000 I said if I’m going to spend 6-figures I might as well go Gen-2 (as much as I love Gen-1).

I’ve read and watched (and rewatched) countless reviews and comments—the good, the bad, the great and the ugly— and all I will say is I LOVE everything about the car (minor gripes here and there but those are mostly meaningless). As many know, Gen-1’s weren’t exactly flying off the shelves during its time and safe to say neither have these. To say the least.

As with my other cars, I plan on keeping it forever. No question about it.

My question is—and I did do a forum search so please forgive the potential repetituve question—where (how) exactly do I connect the NSX battery tender? I put several of my cars on tenders during the winter months which is a very straightforward affair. I came across a thread or post here describing it but I think I walked away still uncertain.

Thank you in advance and delighted to be a part of this NSX community.

Best regards,
Jay

The accessory one installs under the glove box.

Wow. My initial impression is that appears to be a whole lotta work making the connection (I have 4 CTEK tenders for my other cars and they install so easily). The dealer I bought it from obviously had it hooked up for a few years since it’s a 2021 and just two months ago when I bought it it had only 500 miles. I don’t want to presume anything but is it likely that there’s a “quick connect/disconnect” under the glove box install to forego all these steps?

Thank you.

Congrats on your purchase. You don't have to go through the install procedure if you just want to hook up a battery tender. The 12V battery is under the front hood, near the windshield. You can connect a Ctek quick-connect lead to the battery. That's what I did. Since I park mine in my garage, I just snake the cord to the front and loosely close the hood. That way, it remains visible when I enter the garage, and I'm far less likely to accidentally drive away without disconnecting it.

That is a trauma I suffered with the block heater cord in my '91 Civic one chilly winter day in Edmonton. To this day, even thinking about that city gives me nightmares.

Back