Greenwich Acura JH4NA2162YT000026

Greenwich Acura

i almost pulled the trigger on a 2000 NSX there w/ 13000 miles. The asking price was $59995, they offered me a trade in of $36500 for a 2002 M3. It came down to I wanted to buy the car for $55,000 he wouldn't go lower than $57,000 so I walked on Sat to think it over.

Today I found it in autotrader listed for $55,995?!?!!?!? How much do you guys think I should offer tomorrow morning?

$55,000 w/ the extended warranty thrown in (their cost of $1000)? Why play these games, I thought they were the NSX dealer here on the east coast.

Anyone happen to know who owned vin JH4NA2162YT000026?

Thanks

I don't know what your M3 is actually worth, but I'm willing to bet that they were offering you a good trade-in price for it. For that reason, they probably didn't want to go lower on the price of the NSX.

Without trade-in, they can afford to let the NSX go for lower.

As far as playing games, that is what the car business is all about. They will try to get as much as possible out of you for a car, and you will try to pay as little as possible.

I've had no problems with Greenwich

When I negotiated with them to lease my 02 last January (03) I gave them the number that I was willing to pay (cap cost) and told them they had until Friday at 4pm to accept or decline. If they had declined, I was prepared to walk away, no deal, it was a game of chicken. At 3:45 pm on the Friday of my deadline, they called, accepted my terms, I went right over, signed the papers and got the car a week later, now have almost 12,000 miles on it, and smile everytime I turn the key!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I bought my '98 there and it has been an awesome car at a fair price, and their service was top notch. My only issue was when I went in to pay for it, they wanted an additional $149 for "dealer conveyance fee", which I had never seen or heard about before. Watch out for that.

Otherwise it was a fine transaction, and I am confident that they only deal in pristine cars with clean, known histories. Not to toot my own horn of course! ;)

Hmm.. $36,500 for a 2002 M3 might be on the low side, it all depends on the mileage and condition of your car, you might be better off selling the car yourself, that might save you some $3,000 or so.

Then again you might risk losing the opportunity to buy the NSX.

I had dealers offering me 38K for my 02 E46M3 with 4500 miles as a trade in to purchase the GT3, I eventually ended up selling the M3 for 45K to a private party. Well worth your time if you can afford to wait.

Just my 2cents,

Ken

Greenwich Acura....I think they are the ones that had that 2001 NSX COUPE (white/tan) for the longest time. Do they still have that rare bird??

ill buy that m3 if your interested! pm me...

yes the certification does expire after 90 days but the dealer can re-register the car thru the honda/acura interactive network as many times as it has to until the car is sold. the certification warranty does not occur until said vehicle is rdr'd or reported as a retail delivery registration... once the car is rdr'd, the dealer gets billed and you have a "certified pre-owned supercar"! remember the warranty for a cpo is only available thru official acura dealers not wholesalers or bob and jims used car lots.. you get what you pay for.

I have to agree with Bridgewater Acura, if you buy used from a dealership it only makes sense to buy from an Acura dealership. You get what you pay for and you don't get the other BS that non Acura dealerships try to dish out to sell you the car. Ya just gotta deal with people that know what the car is or you are taking a risk that might cost you some tall dollars.
Cairo

$36.5 for an 02 M3 sounds a bit low (at least in the Cali market.....) ~~ you would be better off selling it privately and buying an X with cash down.

2slow2speed said:
Hmm.. $36,500 for a 2002 M3 might be on the low side, it all depends on the mileage and condition of your car, you might be better off selling the car yourself, that might save you some $3,000 or so.

Then again you might risk losing the opportunity to buy the NSX.

I had dealers offering me 38K for my 02 E46M3 with 4500 miles as a trade in to purchase the GT3, I eventually ended up selling the M3 for 45K to a private party. Well worth your time if you can afford to wait.
Keep in mind that in most places outside California, there is a sales tax advantage in trading a car in rather than selling it yourself. For example, if they give you $36,500 on a trade-in on a purchase that is taxed at 8 percent, most jurisdictions only apply sales tax on the net amount, so you would save $2,920 in sales tax compared with an outright purchase. Laws vary from place to place; some places apply the credit if you sell a car yourself within 60 days of a purchase, some places (including Illinois) apply the credit if you sell to another dealer but not a private party, and some places don't even have sales tax. It's something to be aware of when you're deciding what to do.

nsxtasy said:
Keep in mind that in most places outside California, there is a sales tax advantage in trading a car in rather than selling it yourself. For example, if they give you $36,500 on a trade-in on a purchase that is taxed at 8 percent, most jurisdictions only apply sales tax on the net amount, so you would save $2,920 in sales tax compared with an outright purchase. Laws vary from place to place; some places apply the credit if you sell a car yourself within 60 days of a purchase, some places (including Illinois) apply the credit if you sell to another dealer but not a private party, and some places don't even have sales tax. It's something to be aware of when you're deciding what to do.

very correct sir, and at the lovely Long Island Tax rate of 8.75% i am getting close to 40 for my car. Although I could have easily sold my car on ebay for 43,000 or at 45,000 if i waited, i am simply too lazy and too tired of dealing w/ low ballers and dreamers.....

THonda said:
at the lovely Long Island Tax rate of 8.75%
Not to be confused with the lovely Manhattan tax rate of 8.75% or the lovely suburban Chicago tax rate of 8.75%... or the even lovelier rates of Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, and Oregon of 0.00% :D

wholesale

black book wholesale on 02 M3 2D coupe. i do not know mileage and condition. dealers never give clean book.
ExtraClean Clean Average Rough
$41,000 $40,200 $38,000 $35,200

Back