Green Card Attourney

Hey all,

I am working on getting my Green Card here in the US (I am Canadian) and I guess I need an attourney to help this process. Do you guys know anyone that I can use that would be able to help?

Anyone here done this before?

Thanks all,

dave

Dave, are you a hockey player by chance? I know a couple of our local CHL players are Canadians with green cards. I'll see if I can get any info.

No, I work for a newspaper... hockey players are on a special type of visa.

THanks though..

What kind of visa do you currently have?
I came to US on L1 initially, which is inter-company transfer.
It is usually much easier to have your employer sponsor you - in my case, my employer hired immigration attorney who co-ordinated the application. However my company actually advertised my position & interviewed candidates for it prior to hiring me. With my special skills for the position advertised there were actually few qualified candidates, although the company additionally hired one applicant who was suitable in addition to me.
It was helpful to show the process of being unable to fill the position with a qualified citizen.
Your merit increases according to your education &/or specialized skills; there are quotas for individual countries & from a "popular" country your chances are correspondingly reduced. It can be a slow process - even after I was approved it still took about 3 years if I remember for my priority date to become due!
You can always take the easy way & marry a US citizen! Especially beneficial if she's rich! :D
Best of luck - hope it goes well for you.

p.s. you do know it's not really a green card, right?
pain.gif

Back