Great NAVI system for the NSX

I just bought a gadget so good that I have to share. I have a factory NAVI in my 01 Acura CL. and i've liked using it, but was always disappointed by the lack of street detail. Only the most main roads and streets appear on the map. And, the whole USA is stored on a DVD. But its still pretty cool and useful to get from one town to another.

I wished my NSX had a navigation system too, but I don't want to modify it and install an aftermarket one.

Well, I just bought a Garmin Streetpilot III deluxe, and let me tell you, it blows away the factory one in my CL. It knows all the little streets, back alleys, and roads. It not only tells you what street your on, but gives you the current address number. And its accurate to about 20 feet. I'm truly amazed. I didn't think it would work as well as it does. But, I thought that about breadmakers also, heheheh.

Interstates and state highways are built into the unit. Detailed street maps are downloaded from a CD into a 128MB card. You must download the regions you want to navigate in. For example, if I were driving from Lancaster PA to Boston MA, I would only have to download the areas around lancaster, and the areas around boston.

It talks and tells you when to turn.. like "in 100 feet turn right, then stay left". It shows you the street names you are currently on, and the one you will be turning on. If you miss a turn and go off route, it recalculates rapidly and gives you new instructions. The only thing my factory NAVI does thats cool is say the street names. But, I can't believe the street detail of the Garmin.. and the whole USA is on a CD. The Acura uses a DVD, and street detail is not NEAR as complete. What gives. It knows the addresses on the most obscure roads or streets and leads you right to the door.

It comes with a "bean bag" mount that holds it securly to the NSX dash right above the air conditioner center vents. A power adaptor with speaker plugs into the lighter.

The best part is.. its portable and goes form car to car instantly. AND. its about $750 with a $100 mail in rebate good only for another week.

I don't mean to sound like a commercial, but i'm so impressed with this thing. Now I have NAVI in all my cars. I just wanted to share this with you incase you wished you had a navigation system in your NSX. Thanks for listening.

My parents have one & loved so much they bought one for my grandparents, too. Grandparents are into the "traveling around the country in their 'R-V'" & they use it all the time. Absolutely, love it!

Adam

Back