Great Lotus Elise Videos

Funny how, in the TOP GEAR Elise clip, Jeremy Clarkson was trash talking the NSX-R, commenting how it was unstable thru the corners on that same wet test track that guy "Stig" drove with the R, whereas the Elise was easier to drive and well-balanced....
....Whatever pal......

Noticed in the clip, he couldn't drive the MR Elise, even if his life depends on it.... carried too much speed at corner entry and ham-fisted the steering input and ended up plowing instead. When he tried to induce oversteer, he spun! lol! Man this guy needs a lesson in steering, braking, and esp. throttle finess!!

Damn FR drivers....lol!

Which reminds me, there's an earlier TOP GEAR review on the NA1 NSX, with Clarkson. Whatever comments he made about the numbness of the X's steering in that review and how "ill-handling" he thinks the NSX was, is all but nullified after this Elise review. He effectively shot himself in the foot.

Bottom line:

NSX-R = 1 min. 33 sec (wet track)

Elise gen 2 = 1 min. 35 sec. (also wet)
(0-60mph in 5 sec, same as NSX-T, top speed only 136mph)

I'd take both!
:)

Last edited:
I really cannot stand Jeremy Clarkson. He talks to much, very opinionated (especially against non-European cars), and simply offensive at times.

I wouldn't say that Jeremy bashes all Japanese cars. Actually, he had nothing but praise for the R34 Skyline GTR, as evidenced in one of his TOP GEAR reviews.

ftp://ftp.sysadmin-racing.com/videos/topgear/Top_Gear-Nissan_Skyline.avi

It's just so happens that the NSX is not his cup of English tea - hehehe that's got to be the understatement of the year :p

But he's a real character alright..... I find him entertaining to watch, however "annoying" lol

Last edited:
Great vids! Thanks!

It took nearly 24 hours for me to download the Best of British vid! :eek: The server's bandwidth must have been pegged.

I especially liked how a long-time owner was interviewed for each model they covered.

Boy that NSX comment had me heated, but at the end it shows the NSX beat it by two seconds. Go figure.

ravi

Ojas said:
Great vids! Thanks!

It took nearly 24 hours for me to download the Best of British vid! :eek: The server's bandwidth must have been pegged.

Same here, more or less. But you gotta realize the entire clip is 1 1/2 hrs. long!!! :eek:

I especially liked how a long-time owner was interviewed for each model they covered. [/QUOTE]

They should have a segment on Honda owners, rename the show BOJ (Best of Japan)......

Back