GREAT Crystal Cove alternative

From F-Chat, posted last night;

>Proposed Site - Ford Motor Car Company

The Ford Motor Car Company Premier Automotive Group ("PAG") building --- North American home of Aston Martin, Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo and Ford's Advanced Design Studio and centrally located in the middle of the Irvine Spectrum --- is available to host this Saturday morning event. They have a fabulous cafeteria that can be opened.

I am looking for input if this location can fill the void. It certainly is suitable. Ford owns and manages the property.

There are no noise constraints, lots of shade trees, no homes close, vintage transporters welcome, room for 400 cars!! Could have it from 7 a.m. until 10 a.m., with possibility of setting up earlier.

Location is intersection of Alton and Gateway, right on the 5 Freeway, one mile north of the El Toro Y where the 405 and 5 meet. Right by the Spectrum Center (go there after this event!).

I need feedback!! I will also be at CC in the morning to discuss this possibility.

Ford says it is a go (the Ford building is full of auto enthusiasts, many of whom attend Crystal Cove on Saturdays), if there is enough interest.<

Personally, I'd like to see this happen. Great, central location with an auto enthusiast host. Let's see what happens...

DaveG

Sounds ideal. Any cost?

Could never get my butt out of bed early enough for C Cove but if this set up works out, I'll defenitly go. :biggrin:

Great find Dave, You DA MAN!! Great idea, central location, I'm in.

Great suggestion. I hope it takes.

I bet it will get even bigger! More cars, more people etc.
I have been a Sat/Sun driver going north on PCH from SC to HB
for 30 years now. I guess I will cut across Laguna Canyon Road to Irvine to check it out. Much better drive than I-5. Not sure about the industrial setting, but I guess the coast is out due to the events size.
I am happy they found a new spot, but I have to think it was closed as it has become a gigantic high dollar circus. (After looking at yesterdays Pic's on F-Chat) Tourists out number car owners 3 to 1. I never really looked at it as a car show. Things have changed from Donut Derelicts South.
And am sure this new location will allow it to really morph.
Don't get me wrong, I am happy this new location has been found.
But find it really hard to believe what has happened to the area I live in... :confused:
If you like it now, you should have been here 10-20-30 years ago.
Not complaining, just comparing................

Just got back from a drive from San Clemente to Newport Beach & back.
Thats another alternative to CC, get out an drive! I spotted a nice new Yellow NSX in DP, on the way to and from! Waves / honks both times. :biggrin:
Then spotted a Clean white / Black top NSX coupe going through Laguna.
2 new F cars were also seen putting down PCH in NB as well as a few Midyear Corvettes. As neat as Crystal cove was, it has never been as much fun as
driving that stretch of the coast. :wink: There is always great cars be be seen weather permitting.

Back