Great alternative to Ebay

NSX/MR2

Suspended
www.natasu.com

Guess what I stumbled upon when I was searching for an alternative to Ebay. just screwing around and I found this. It might worth a try.

I browsed around and couldn't find a single thing for sale? Everything I was looking at said "quantity 0"?

I know there are free auction software packages - just curious if anyone is behind this? I think Ebay is the real deal in that even Yahoo - with all their marketing and name clout - can't really compete with ebay in the shear quantity of items, buyers, and sellers.

I think this site is new and needs sometime to get going. If its pricing is comparable or better than ebay, then later on, why not....

I agree with you there budd...no1 can really compete with ebay....life is about trying and do your best. i am the man behind this one.. i told de about this project and the topic came here :D i am hoping that our prime people would use it as an alternative when listing for sales--it is free. the site has zero item becuase i just launched it a half an hour ago....i need to check my garage:D

I have already contacted LUD if we can use this as an added benefit to be a Prime member.

matteni said:
I browsed around and couldn't find a single thing for sale? Everything I was looking at said "quantity 0"?

I know there are free auction software packages - just curious if anyone is behind this? I think Ebay is the real deal in that even Yahoo - with all their marketing and name clout - can't really compete with ebay in the shear quantity of items, buyers, and sellers.

Yawn...

Let me know when they've had several million successful transactions. As an occasional seller, why on earth would I list somewhere with almost no buyers?

NSX/MR2 said:
Guess what I stumbled upon when I was searching for an alternative to Ebay. just screwing around and I found this. It might worth a try.

PoohBEAR said:
i am the man behind this one.. i told de about this project....
i just launched it a half an hour ago....

So which is it? Was NSX/MR2 lying when he said he just happened to stumble across it (within minutes of you launching it!)?

Last edited:
Re: Re: Great alternative to Ebay

xsn said:
So which is it? Was NSX/MR2 lying when he said he just happened to stumble across it (within minutes of you launching it!)?

Clearly, NSX/MR2 was lying. It was a setup from the beginning. It's an old trick -- apparently by appearing unbiased his spiel theoretically carries more weight. It's never, ever, worked -- but that doesn't stop n00bs from trying it over and over.

Re: Re: Re: Great alternative to Ebay

Lets not use or call each other "liar" here. We are all friends and lets keep it that way. I've been with prime for quite sometime now, and I am glad I met so many nice people--this is one of the many reasons that I am still here...I even donated a few bucks to help out and gained a cute title next to my name. I got so excited about the project when finished yesterday and told De about it. He stumbled on to me about the project and posted for everyone. Regardless the case as to what happened, I would have post it sooner or later.... but I wasn't sure yesterday and had to check with LUD first because I didn't wanted it to come out as an advertisement.

Surely this is a great concept for us, an additional benefit to be a prime member. It is FREE which includes all features. Just email me that you are prime member and you can disregard any fees that show up. If you think that there are no buyers, post it for sales on prime’s marketplace section and direct a link to the auction as an alternative. If you don’t think this is a great idea, by all mean, email me and tell how I can make it great community. In the meantime, lets keep the friendly atmosphere that we accustom to on prime.

flaminio said:
Clearly, NSX/MR2 was lying. It was a setup from the beginning. It's an old trick -- apparently by appearing unbiased his spiel theoretically carries more weight. It's never, ever, worked -- but that doesn't stop n00bs from trying it over and over.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Great alternative to Ebay

PoohBEAR said:
Lets not use or call each other "liar" here.

Agreed. The correct term is "shill". ;)

Congrats on your project, but I hope that you are realistic about it. There's a good reason why Yahoo, Amazon and others failed despite what I thought were some advantages over eBay.

BTW, an associate of mine started one years ago. He wanted his to have more of a "community" feel to it and included various features that he felt would promote that. He spent countless hours developing the site from scratch, and that was his only reward. He was unable to attract sellers (other than his wife :) even after making it free.) Then again, marketing was never his forte. I just checked and found that it still exists even though he gave up on it at least a year ago when he dissolved the LLC, but psychologically long before that.

I did like the name though.
http://www.upeddle.com/

I think you’ve got the right idea in terms of approaching forums such as this and allowing people who list in the classifieds to also place their items on your site. That seems an effective way to reach both buyers and sellers.

I would love to see you put ebay out of business. If you could get a dollar for every time the fly yellow NSX has been put up for auction you would have a good head start.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Great alternative to Ebay

sjs said:
Agreed. The correct term is "shill". ;)

I stand corrected.

Either way, it's dishonest. Is that really the tone you wanted to launch your new website?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Great alternative to Ebay

PoohBEAR said:
Lets not use or call each other "liar" here.

My use of the word "lying" was correct --- I stand behind it.

lie
1 : to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive
2 : to create a false or misleading impression

The false statement by NSX/MR2 fits both of those criteria.

We are all friends and lets keep it that way.

I am not generally friends with people who try to deceive me for no reason. And it is hard to believe you expect people to just say "oh well" and move on. At a minimum NSX/MR2 owes the forum an apology. If you asked him to make the post, so do you.

He stumbled on to me about the project and posted for everyone.

What is that supposed to mean? "He stumbled on to me about the project" does not make any sense.

Surely this is a great concept for us, an additional benefit to be a prime member.

It may very well be a great concept and a benefit to members here. But that is a different issue than the deceptive way it was introduced by NSX/MR2. The saddest part is there was no reason for him to lie! If he said "My friend POOHBEAR just launched this cool new site, check it out" everything would have been fine.

Last edited:
Back