Grand-Am Rolex Sport Car Series coming to NJ

Hey everyone.

i was watching the Rolex Series yesterday and looks like on 8/31, they'll be coming to New Jersey Motorsport Park (South Jersey's New Thunderbolt Raceway)...and was wondering who would want to make a trip out of it and attend. I know a few of my friends would want to go.

I was at the series at VIR in april and the people there were really awesome and friendly, answering alot of questions during their "off" time. Also, you got to get pretty upclose to the prototypes and the gt cars. (not sure if that will happen again though)

anyway, the race in montreal was awesome, and i expect the same come 8/31.

1911.jpg

that's how close we were to the cars after the race, and even when they removed the bodywork, they had no problems answering questions.

Last edited:
Have any of the NE trackies been to this facility? If so what's the verdict?

Have any of the NE trackies been to this facility? If so what's the verdict?
I'm not a "trackie", or a "Trekie" for that matter, but I was there with another group a few weeks ago. We did a few low speed "parade laps", the track that was open (the other one is near completion) is real nice, lots of nice elevation changes, interesting turns, etc. I think that you'd have a great time on it, and the price is reasonable. They have booked a large number of events on it, so I'm not so sure as to how much real track time you'd get for the money. I do have a good "contact" there if you're really interested. It's definitely worth a drive for you as you're not that far from there.

I'm not a "trackie", or a "Trekie" for that matter, but I was there with another group a few weeks ago. We did a few low speed "parade laps", the track that was open (the other one is near completion) is real nice, lots of nice elevation changes, interesting turns, etc. I think that you'd have a great time on it, and the price is reasonable. They have booked a large number of events on it, so I'm not so sure as to how much real track time you'd get for the money. I do have a good "contact" there if you're really interested. It's definitely worth a drive for you as you're not that far from there.

Thanks for the feedback Rog!If you have any secret info on the membership proccess pm me:smile:

Back