Gran Turismo Pro's

KGP

Legendary Member
I would like some opinions on which Play Station controlers you like best for Gran Turismo and why. One of the things my son has metioned he would like is to be able to better feel how hard the brakes and throttle are being applied. Thought it might be a good Xmas present. Might also give dad a needed upper hand for a while. :D

Hello:

I would probably recommend the standard one it comes with (the dual shock 2) for the ps2. It has a good size, and it works out well. I can't comment on how good you can feel the braking etc as it is still just a game--but in my personal use the best controller is the dual shock 2 (the one it comes with stock LOL).

regards

ravi

Are you asking about PSone or PS2? My favorite non-steering wheel configuration (for both systems) is either Dual Shock controller with steering mapped to one of the analog sticks, acceleration to the other.

My favorite steering wheel, Logitech's Driving Force Pro, won't be out until GT4 (and, being a USB controller, won't work with PSone). I tried it out at E3 and now I'm spoiled--I won't be able to play this game with any other wheel. Expect this controller to cost around $150!

akira3d said:
Are you asking about PSone or PS2?

My favorite steering wheel, Logitech's Driving Force Pro, won't be out until GT4 (and, being a USB controller, won't work with PSone). I tried it out at E3 and now I'm spoiled--I won't be able to play this game with any other wheel.

Cool, that's what I was looking for, at least it was shortly after I visited the Logitech web and read about the DF Pro. Yes, we have PS2. I'm going to have to give the DF Pro a try!

akira3d said:
Are you asking about PSone or PS2?

My favorite steering wheel, Logitech's Driving Force Pro, won't be out until GT4 (and, being a USB controller, won't work with PSone). I tried it out at E3 and now I'm spoiled--I won't be able to play this game with any other wheel.

Cool, that's what I was looking for, at least it was shortly after I visited the Logitech web and read about the DF Pro. Yes, we have PS2. I'm going to have to give the DF Pro a try!

yeah, I also like the stock Dual Shock 2 that comes standard with the console... There's a curse of me that I have to play GT with the controller, and I'm so bad and so used to the button control that I actually never used the analog control.

Talk about GT4... I think that would make me get my first steering wheel controller.

I checked www.granturismo.com for steering wheel reviews and the consensus was the logitech. Advice, get the steering wheel and the game at the same time.

If you get good with the controller(I use the digital controls), it is very hard to get used to the steering wheel. Guess they can't make a wheel with the feel of the NSX:D

I am a GT 3 A-Spec pro, and I have never felt comfortable with any of the wheels. I think that it is largely up to the individual player's feelings. I can only rock with the good old analog stick!!

Back