Gran Turismo Concept

I can't wait for it to come out....since all I want is to drive this car:

p005_jpg.jpg

The game will be the next best to the real thing....

032_jpg.jpg

008_jpg.jpg

vortal_pic_30807_jpg.jpg

gt3concept_screen032_jpg.jpg

The game is still in the developing stages, no release date is announced yet.....

[This message has been edited by Jeffry (edited 20 July 2002).]

Originally posted by Tom Larkins:
Are they going to make it compatible w/the x box. Gothom City is real good, but they need more games.

I highly doubt that. Gran Turismo series up until now has been exclusive to the Playstation.

Jeffry,
Have you heard confirmation that GT Concept will be brought over? Last I heard there still was no definite decision. (I think it's the usual licensing issues that may decide the issue.)

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Jeffry,
Have you heard confirmation that GT Concept will be brought over? Last I heard there still was no definite decision. (I think it's the usual licensing issues that may decide the issue.)

Well they say that GT Concept is going to be released next year or possibly fall of this year in Japan. No word on US release yet, but they might reconsider because GT3 is a success in the US market.

I think you're right on the licensing issues....too bad they still couldn't get hold of Ferarri or Porsche.

I'm sure that the game will be good though, since Polyphony Digital thought of refining the game unlike GT3. They have to finish GT3 in a hurry so the game was a bit disappointing.

I may be in the minority here, but if Mr. Gates & co doesn't pick it up on some of the racing and fighter pilot games, i'm gonna move to a PS. In addition, w/a 5 & 8 year old their games are not to my liking.

Originally posted by Tom Larkins:
I may be in the minority here, but if Mr. Gates & co doesn't pick it up on some of the racing and fighter pilot games, i'm gonna move to a PS. In addition, w/a 5 & 8 year old their games are not to my liking.

Yup, by buying an X-Box, you are indeed in the minority.
biggrin.gif
There's just not enough good AND exclusive games to make me want to buy that console. Heck, the only game I just have to get in the future is Soul Calibur 2, and that will be on all platforms.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

BTW, for your 5 & 8 year olds, you really need to get a GameCube. The target audience for your X-Box is nowhere near your kids' age bracket.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Ok this just in, GT concept did came out in the UK but no word on US release yet. Sorry for the inaccurate info on my last post. It's really the continuation of GT3....

Originally posted by FuryNSX:
The target audience for your X-Box is nowhere near your kids' age bracket.

Ya I found thet out, although my son has developed into a good fighter pilot with the delta force game. This was the first product of this type I had ever purchased and it is amazing, but i'm new at this stuff and only play it every so often. I actually have found that they enjoy the computor games much better. Thanks for the info though, I will keep the other you mentioned in mind.

GT3 concepts is already out here in japan. just my .02.

Polyphony Digital, the development studio behind the Gran Turismo series, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment...in other words, fat chance on X-Box.

Gran Turismo Concept has two flavors, a Tokyo 2001 (based on their auto show) version that launched in Japan awhile back and a Tokyo-Geneva 2002 version that features more European concept cars and will be out in Europe any day now.

From what I had heard, Polyphony moves on to GT4 (their first fully networked incarnation of the series) as soon as Concept Tokyo-Geneva is complete...with no mention if an American version is planned.

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Back