01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg

Obviously, this feature is aimed at car enthusiast / photo hobbyists like myself

:eek:
I can't believe that's a PS2. Where's the hidden GPU that they're getting all this additional processing power from?

I so wish Sony would port GT4 to PC...

Holy Cow...

Is this a screen shot???
I'm sorry, I don't have PS2. Wanted one, but got Xbox instead...

But, hot damn!!!! in those pictures, the back grounds and the details of the vehicles exceed that of PGR(1,2) , IMO...

Certainly looks promising..........

Now, I just need to get rid of the Xbox and get a PS2....

Disclaimer : Despite what I said in the title of this post, I do not, in any way, worship and/or believe in a Cow.

If I'm not mistaken, akira3d has mentioned in the past that the Photo Mode is not actual game/racing mode. It's a seperate feature that allows you to simulate taking photos of your ride. After taking the pic, you hook up a USB printer to your PS2 and print away.

(Eric, please correct me if I am wrong.)

-Randy

Yeah, photo mode uses the PS2 to render higher resolution images that can either be printed via USB printer, saved to the PS2 memory card, or shared via the Web over the network adapter. The cool thing is that these "photos" are rendered by the game's graphics engine, just in a higher pixel resolution and without interlace artifacts. Most games do this for their screenshots nowadays, but this will be the first time (as far as I know) that the player will be able to make their own.

GT4 includes several famous locations with quite a bit of flexibilty in where you can position / orient your car and camera...complete with focal length and the ability to affect the depth of field. Night locations even simulate slow shutter shots.

Supposedly, you can also take "photos" from the replay camera. This option can also simulate various shutter speeds, so you can render the background sharp or with an appropriate amount of motion blur (based on the actual motion from the replay).

Yeah it looks like the intro to GT-3 A-spec

The crazy thing is games looking THAT real isn't too far off.

KulSecHskY said:
Yeah it looks like the intro to GT-3 A-spec

The crazy thing is games looking THAT real isn't too far off.

It is for PS2 though. Wow those screens look amazing. :eek:

MF-DIF said:
It is for PS2 though. Wow those screens look amazing. :eek:

I don't understand? Thats from GT4 for PS2 and GT3 is also for PS2.

The photoshots compare to the intro of GT3

Yea, i cant wait for the day when that is in-game footage.

On a side-note, i believe Doom 3 finally went gold today!
Lets get our stopwatches ready, lawsuits coming in 3....2....1...

Back