Gran Turismo 4 $$$$$$ peripheral

Anyone got some spare change? I wouldn't mind having this in my house.

(Text taken from IGN.com.)

December 02, 2003 - Do you have $850 on you? Then you could get yourself the most awesome racing peripheral on the planet. Logicool, the Japanese brand name for Logitech, announced today plans to release the Sparco Racing Cockpit Pro Fighter Model in limited form to the Japanese market. This device is basically a frame and seat to be used with the GT Force Pro steering wheel/pedal peripheral.

According to the company, the Sparco Racing Cockpit Pro Model was developed in cooperation both with Gran Turismo developer Polyphony Digital and Italy's Sparco company. It seems to be similar to the sit-down racing kiosks Sony Computer Entertainment has been using over the past year or so for Gran Turismo demos. If that's the case, we can vouch for its quality.
The catch of this device is its price. The sum of 98,000 yen will only get you the Sparco Racing Cockpit Pro Model; you'll have to buy the pricey GT Force Pro as well, bringing your total investment to over a thousand dollars. The Cockpit Pro will not work with the older (and considerably cheaper) GT Force steering peripheral, meaning you'll have to go all out in order to make use of it.

If you're interested in obtaining one of these and you live in Japan, preorders for the device will begin on 12/4 at the Logicool Website.

Attachments

• 120303_logi01.jpg
    120303_logi01.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 318
Very cool. I wouldn't mind having one either except my girlfriend would probably not like it hanging around in the living room. Wonder if you can get it with a 5 point harness ;)

I want one, but I'm guessing that Valerie's would have some issues with it taking up space in our living room. :D

If you get that, you might as well get a front projector with 5.1 surround sound because somehow a little rinky-dinky tube television is just not going to cut it. GO BIG!

My wife would send me away in a straight jacket:D:D:D:D

Back