Got a new (for me) car this weekend.....

Hey all.

I only know a handful of you personally, but as car folks, you'll appreciate what I'm going through... I spent the last 4.5 years restoring/enhancing my '88 Saab SPG. Anyway, I recently discovered that there is significant rust in the frame rail and I'm not going to get it fixed. The car will be sold in its entirety for parts, as I have decided not to get another Saab right now. My wife and I still have our 9'5 Aero though.

Anyway, about the car that I bought this weekend...

Its an Acura CL Type S.

The CL is a very nice car. Some data on it:

Silver, black interior;
260HP;
5 Speed sequential sport shift manumatic;
DVD Navigation system;
Bose sound system w/ in dash 6 cd changer;
Automatic climate control;
17" rims;
Type S sport suspension and exhaust;
Moonroof;
Memory seats (actually this feature is pretty slick... the remotes are keyed to the memory seats and mirrors, so when I use my remote to unlock the doors, it'll put the seat & mirrors to my memory position and the same is true with my wife's remote).

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I'm sure my neighbors will be happy that the SPG has been retired as it's crazy freakin' loud...

So here's the big question... to spoiler or not to spoiler....

It currently doesn't have a rear spoiler, but I'm thinking of getting one for it.... What do you think, with or without?

Thanks,
Michael

GOTTSPD said:
Hey all.

I only know a handful of you personally, but as car folks, you'll appreciate what I'm going through... I spent the last 4.5 years restoring/enhancing my '88 Saab SPG. Anyway, I recently discovered that there is significant rust in the frame rail and I'm not going to get it fixed. The car will be sold in its entirety for parts, as I have decided not to get another Saab right now. My wife and I still have our 9'5 Aero though.

Its an Acura CL Type S.

The CL is a very nice car. Some data on it:

Silver, black interior;
260HP;
5 Speed sequential sport shift manumatic;
DVD Navigation system;
Bose sound system w/ in dash 6 cd changer;
Automatic climate control;
17" rims;
Type S sport suspension and exhaust;
Moonroof;
Memory seats (actually this feature is pretty slick... the remotes are keyed to the memory seats and mirrors, so when I use my remote to unlock the doors, it'll put the seat & mirrors to my memory position and the same is true with my wife's remote).

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I'm sure my neighbors will be happy that the SPG has been retired as it's crazy freakin' loud...

It currently doesn't have a rear spoiler, but I'm thinking of getting one for it.... What do you think, with or without?

Thanks,
Michael

Nice Ride!. I think you should get a spoiler, but that's just my opinion.
I also heard of Acuras with a well known tranny problems. Are you aware of this?
I test drove both TL and CL (type S for both) and loved it. That night, I went on a couple of few forums and discovered that members complained about their trannies..just an FYI.
I'm not stating that EVERY type S will go through this problem.

Yup, I do know about the tranny issue. It was replaced under warranty about 40K miles ago, so hopefully it'll last a long while.

I would get one of these :biggrin:

350062.jpg

How much for the Saab? What color interior and exterior, and is it stock, or have you tinkered with the turbo? Thanks.

NSX-Animal, what are you showing me in that picture?

NCDOGDOC-I'd let it go for $3K. It's black with dark grey/black interior. It's got extensive mods... Custom built turbo (Mitsu TE05 w/ Big 16G wheel and Texas Monster Thrust Bearing), water injection, Stage 2 APC, bilsteins, intrax lowering springs, GFB BOV, uprated fuel pressure regulator and injectors, K&N CAI, Fondmetal 6700 16x7 rims, good sound system, custom interior stuff, like black carpets, etc........ The list is too long to type here........ I've got one guy who's interested in using it for parts. Let me know if you are seriously interested...

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments. If I was to put a spoiler on, it'd be like the Acura/dealer installed one. My wife went to pick it up as it was near her work, so she should be home in a few minutes with it. Can't wait to go for a ride!

GOTTSPD said:
NCDOGDOC-I'd let it go for $3K. ........ I've got one guy who's interested in using it for parts. Let me know if you are seriously interested...

Just curious. Thanks for the info.

GOTTSPD said:

Its an Acura CL Type S.

Thanks,
Michael
Congratulations on your new purchase. Even though you're talking about the coupe, I'll relate a similar situation in regards to my 3.2TL. I purchased my '99 3.2TL originally without the spoiler. After a couple of days, I went back to the dealer and purchased the OEM spoiler from the dealership. I've been happy ever since.

It's definitely a matter of opinion, and since you're asking what people think, put me down as one of the "Yup, get one." Everytime I see a TL without the factory spoiler, the trunk looks rather plain. I like the way it "elevates" the rear slightly more than the front end.

-Randy

Back