Got 97 NSX. Want to make 02 conversion. anyone knows the cost and who is good to do

i am located in south california, just bought a yellow 97 nsx targa. but i am a nsx type r fan. really want to make a 02 nsx type r conversion. anyone knows the cost and someone is able to do it.:smile:

On the lowside 6K and on the high side 26K. you can spend as little or as much as you want.. depending on if you use aftermarket parts, honda us oem parts OR honda real type r parts. i did it with honda type r parts.

a good place to start is to call downforce. they can make this turnkey for you if you are not that picky and just want the type r look. best of luck

Probably would have been cheaper to buy a 02 than to buy a 97 and do the conversion, especially if you consider the resale value.

You really need to want to do the +02 conversion as its expensive. I'm doing the conversion and I'm getting it all from Downforce. I'm willing to do it as I'm keeping my car for many years so to me the cost is worth it.

If you do everything except the front headlights then its cheap. The sideskirts and rear valance is about 2k. The front is the most expensive about 4-6k. This are for downforce replicas btw. I want to do the same but can't justify the cost as buying a 02+ makes more financial sense as the person above said.

buy the 02+ in a type R color, interior won't matter as you will probably convert it anyway. The biggest type R color here is the Grand Prix White i believe.

Welcome to Prime. 1997 is a nice year! I think there was a 2002 OEM conversion for sale in the Parts for Sale forum. You might check into that for a bargain.

Shaun

Yup, $4375 for all the parts need for the front end. IM me if interested.

2000495643819608436_rs.jpg

first of all, thanks everyone to let reply my question.
i know downforce has every parts that i need for conversion.
i can get the type R carbon fiber hood for like 740 bucks myself. I asked today.

i think what i need is 02 headlights, front bumper, and other materials to support them. :eek:
So my 1st question: if i buy Gt one black version headlights. Do they come with brackets that i need for conversion. or it just comes with headlights only.
2nd question: how much will I spend for the OEM front bumper.

But downforce told me that front bumper is made by Fiber Glass which is a very weak material. its gonna get crashed if i scratch bumper on the ground few times.

type R wing with LED is installed today. Pretty happy:biggrin:

:biggrin: I bought this car in a private owner that is located in long beach, CA
i am located in arcadia, CA. :biggrin:

someone willing to do installation for me. maybe wont be expensive.

but he wants me to get front bumper and headlights.

o i forgot,i dont need to replace fenders. right?????

i am kinda new for NSX. it's one of my dream cars.

02 sideskirts and rear valance were already installed by previous owner.

I personally recommend EVOF575GTC to do the conversion for you. He has done the conversion on his own car as well as several other 02+ conversion for the guys in the so cali area. I will be having him do mine as soon as i get the head lights and bumper in. I'm like you... a little afraid of the fiberglass front bumper. I will be going with the OEM bumper for sure.

PM Eric at EVOf575GTC tell him i sent you. He will give u a very reasonable price for the conversion and labor. He is also a distributor for Downforce as well so he can answer all of your questions and concern. Good luck with the conversion! Wish i could do mine right now! hehe

:biggrin: I bought this car in a private owner that is located in long beach, CA
i am located in arcadia, CA. :biggrin:

someone willing to do installation for me. maybe wont be expensive.

but he wants me to get front bumper and headlights.

o i forgot,i dont need to replace fenders. right?????

i am kinda new for NSX. it's one of my dream cars.

02 sideskirts and rear valance were already installed by previous owner.

Back