Goodbye Black NSX, Welcome Werner!

Dear all,

since this morning I am not more NSX owner. Six years of ownership and wonderful experiences, but this time I do not think there will be another one, at least for some time. :smile:

I hardly drove it the last two years and anyway, finding one that is so well maintained and tastefully modified as mine was, on this side of the ocean at least, is a very difficult task.

The good news is that Werner, the new owner, is a real enthusiast and he promised he will register on Prime soon. I leave to him to introduce himself but he is a VERY knowledgeable person, an Honda fan (he also has a fantastic orange S2000 and a Accord/TSX) and an incredible driver :eek: . I will not tell more about this last thing... :biggrin: :wink:

I wish him the best luck with the car and of course I will hang around this forum for a loooong time anyway. I love around here.

Bye
Giuseppe

:smile:

Hi

Damn..there it goes.. I was saving to buy that one too.. :wink:

Regards

Giuseppe,
I'd like to say what a pleasure it has been to met you here on the "Prime".
I have enjoyed your comments and input and will miss them. You are a fine fellow.
Joe

Wow....why such limited use? What did you replace it with? Good luck my friend...I hope you stick around here for a while though.

Meeyatch1 said:
Wow....why such limited use? What did you replace it with? Good luck my friend...I hope you stick around here for a while though.

Hello Mitch, it was mainly because of a move inside my company: I went from a daily commute, over nice roads to a very short trip, completely inside the city, that I cannot do with the NSX anymore. It used to be a 20 minutes drive and it is now only 5 minutes on the Vespa scooter :(.
I also do not have the company parking anymore...

The drive to work with the NSX, on sunny days, was my prize for beginning/finishing my daily work. It also made 50% of the yearly mileage.

Add to this that more and more stuff fills up the pipeline of my weekends/holidays (damn getting older :frown: damn responsabilities :mad: :mad: ) and I ended up from driving 15'000 miles/year of my 2000 and 2001 NSX-years to the very sad 3'000 miles/year of both 2004 and 2005.

It was a hard decision... but it was such a nice car that keeping it dusting in the garage (one day I found a spider web going from the front bumper to the wall... then I realized the seriousness of the situation) was not the right thing to do. Werner will appreciate it more than what I was doing!

Fiinally, I also felt that 3 NSX / 6 years of ownership, started to make the car look "normal" to my eyes, even tough the car looks amazing to 99% of the people I meet. It just did not have that kind of magic that made me go down in the garage at night to check it out as I did back then. I think we get used to everything.

Ok, time to get the Vespa, and drive to work. :frown:

Hi

I said it before..don't mess with that Vespa..I have driven Giuseppes Vespa and it was crazy :biggrin: :wink:

Regards

Hi Giuseppe - sorry to hear you are leaving the fold - at least as an owner; sad to see one of the "old guard" leaving us - you were one of the people with whom I enjoyed some early exchanges when I first arrived on 'Prime; but hopefully you'll stick around as a member of our social community.

Incidentally my first thought on reading the subject line was "what kind of car is a Werner?" that you had replaced for your NSX! <!--StartFragment -->
laugh.gif

On that note, advance welcome to Werner - if he makes even 10% of the tremendous contribution you have made Giuseppe, then he will indeed be a most valued member.

Ciao!

C'mon Ken, you make me blush :tongue:

In reality, you are really one of the most valuable and knowledgeable people around here! And let's not forget you are officially the "king of the sideskirt"!!! :eek: ;)

gheba_nsx said:
Isn't it MEAN in front of the silver NSX?

GRRRRR!!! :biggrin:

Hi

It sure is. :)

It was so strange cruising around Zurich on that mean machine knowing that at the end of the day I would get the keys to the silver beast :biggrin:

Nah. Giuseppe will not leave us. He could try, but he will miss us too much.

So you are using the winter beater now or have you bought a kiddi transporter? Something we do not know here? :wink:

If I am in Switzerland again I will ofcourse come by and show you all my latest mods :)

Regards

hello everybody,

after some problems with the activation mail and spam protection i'm finally registered here.

in the last months where i was deciding which car to buy i have been here and was reading and searching many times after i found giuseppes nsx for sale. my decision was between a new nissan 350z or an nsx from 91 to 96 and i took the nsx. i'm quite sure i could not find a better maintained car than this one and most of the mods are exactly as i would have done them. thanks giuseppe for having the same taste about cars and girls :wink:

as already said i also have an orange s2000 (<a href="http://www.ganz.org/ip/s2k/vorne_800.jpg" target=_blank>http://www.ganz.org/ip/s2k/vorne_800.jpg</a>) and a honda accord/tsx as the car for every day.

i've been loving cars and motorsports for all my life and i'm driving kart races. i am indoor worldchampion 2005, which took place in phoenix/arizona in july. i never faced such high temperatures before! (<a href="http://www.indoorkartworldchampionship.com/" target=_blank>http://www.indoorkartworldchampionship.com/</a>)

driving about 800km with the nsx through switzerland, germany and austria back to vienna was a great pleasure and i really enjoyed it. unfortuneately i was in germany from 15:00 to 19:00 and there was too much traffic to test highspeed.

now it's time to get to work for me, i will be back here in a few hours. for sure.

Werner

Another clean NSX was exported from Switzerland. Outsch, that really hurt! :)
But anyway welcome Werner! :) We do some meetings during the year, maybe you'll join us too the one or the other, like the Schwägalp race weekend. :D

Regards,
Thomas

Back