good insurance company for nsx?

i've had good luck w/ liberty mutual insuring bimmers but they are CLUELESS about nsx's.. they are not even sure if they can insure one.. sigh

anyone have better luck w/ other companies insuring nsx's?

I have had good experience with allstate and even a better rate with usaa on my nsx.

i think you have to be either x-military or gov't service to sign with USAA

ProV1 said:
i've had good luck w/ liberty mutual insuring bimmers but they are CLUELESS about nsx's.. they are not even sure if they can insure one.. sigh

I have Liberty Mutual. They couldn't quote me over the phone because the NSX had some kinda special symbol next to it, the gal said it would be expensive. When I got the bill, I was shocked to see it was only ~$700 a year. My guess is they made some kind of mistake...

Malibu Rapper said:
I have Liberty Mutual. They couldn't quote me over the phone because the NSX had some kinda special symbol next to it, the gal said it would be expensive. When I got the bill, I was shocked to see it was only ~$700 a year. My guess is they made some kind of mistake...

what year is your NSX??? and what kind of coverage do you have :confused:

ProV1 said:

anyone have better luck w/ other companies insuring nsx's?

AAA is the best by far, best rate by far for good driver, best service, lots of benefits.

I dont have any experience with any of the above compaines but I have geico and they seem pretty fair with there rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu Rapper

Maybe they thought you said NX

Malibu Rapper said:

$700???!!!

mine is currently 354 every 6 months for full coverage 50K/100K/50K with 500 deductibles and towing/labor. it was cheaper until allstate did their yearly increase on me which prompted me to switch over to usaa.

sjones said:
mine is currently 354 every 6 months for full coverage 50K/100K/50K with 500 deductibles and towing/labor. it was cheaper until allstate did their yearly increase on me which prompted me to switch over to usaa.

I just received my bill when I added my 2001.

6 months is $584, 50k/100k/50k w/500 deductible.

This is with Farmers. I have a prefect driving record (so far, ;) )
BUT, I do live in the 4th largest city in the US.

Sam

If you're in CA, try Wawanesa, they are located in San Diego. My premium for the 97 is $527/year (full coverage, 50K/100K/50K, $500 deductible), of course it also depends on your age, driving records, the coverage you want and if you have multiple car on your policy. Their phone# is 800-438-4300. So far, I've been really pleased with their services, fast, effective and courteous. :)

AAA.

Best rates when I was shopping around. Don't know now though. I think I'll try the Wawanesa.

Nsxpt, is this a legit insurance company? Never heard of them. :confused:

Wawanesa is a solid company. I had a claim with them a couple of years ago. Payment was fast, customer service was excellent, and no, my rates didn't go up after the claim. Check the S&P and other ratings for yourself. I have no affiliation with them.

Last edited:
03 raw nsx said:
what year is your NSX??? and what kind of coverage do you have :confused:

It's a 1995. I have 2 cars, both paid for, and the NSX is listed as a weekend car (3k miles/year). It's actually $742 and I have 2 points on my record.

$1000 deductible, 15/30 body injury, uninsured motorists 15/30 and I'm in California.

Check this out for your NSX

http://www.parishheacock.com/content/

For more information call: (800) 678-5173
[email protected]

More and more people are getting involved in the classic car hobby. Whether it’s rebuilding an old classic, or purchasing the vehicle of their dreams, there are millions of classic car owners in the U.S. with more added every year. Most people insure their classic car with their family auto insurer without realizing that Classic Car Insurance from Parish Heacock is available to offer them better coverage at much lower rates.

Vehicle Usage:

1. Autos we insure must be stored in a locked permanent garaging facility when not in use.

2. Autos we insure may not be used for commuting to or from work or school, used for business purposes or as a substitute for another auto.

3. Autos we insure are not covered while on a racetrack or when being used for: racing, speed, driver’s education, or timed events.

Attachments

• logo.gif
    logo.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 195
I also have Wawanesa. Great company and financially top rated by Moody's. I pay about $850/yr for 100/300/100K coverage, with $500 deductibles. However, the car is listed as a pleasure vehicle, with annual mileage about 5-8000/yr.

For those with Wawanesa, AAA, or any other company, what is the exact wording for the exclusion of driving schools, timed events, race track usage, or race preparation? I know that USAA recently changed to exclude any usage on a racetrack, even driving schools. There is also another current thread about insurance on the Prime.

c-dog said:
I also have Wawanesa. Great company and financially top rated by Moody's. I pay about $850/yr for 100/300/100K coverage, with $500 deductibles. However, the car is listed as a pleasure vehicle, with annual mileage about 5-8000/yr.

Can't understand how some of you are getting these prices!

I just tested a price quote from Amico using their website for my 98-T with 5000 miles/ year similar coverage and it came to almost $1900 or thereabouts which was $300 more than my CSAA with less deductible on the collision (homeowner's policy is with CSAA as well)!

I tested it again dropping the limits to 100/100/100 and it came to $1139.61.

Driving record is clean. Car is listed as pleasure vehicle as well. And the quote was with a second car.

Curious, I thought 100/300/100 was pretty much the norm especially in California.

Edit Update: I went to AAA/CSAA web site and tried to duplicate my current coverage on-line for a quote from the same company. They did not have the same low deductions that I currently have, but even at the higher deductions, and checking that I have homeowner's insurance with them as well, the quote that came out was about $300 higher and this before the savings dividend! One has to wonder how this can be ........... !

Last edited:
Back