Good digital camera review/comparison site...?

fangtl said:

wow - I was getting ready to respond and those were the exact 3 I use!

Anyway - can't go wrong with any (or all) of those sites. With 3 very small kids (and 2 in my arms most of the time) I had to give up my Sony digital with 14x optical zoom for something smaller.

I ended up with an Elph 3.2 MP digital because it took some of the best digital movies and pictures in a very compact and sturdy package (I have had my kids chuck it more then 1 time on the concrete).

Good luck...

Zuerst said:
Is there really a difference between compact flash cards from different brands? Whats the difference in say a 256mb card by Dane-Elec vs one by Sandisk?

In theory, yes.

In practice, it's very hard to tell the difference in brands, unless you have a very high-end camera, or have very demanding photographic needs.

Zuerst said:
Is there really a difference between compact flash cards from different brands? Whats the difference in say a 256mb card by Dane-Elec vs one by Sandisk?
Some features may be manufacturer-specific. For example, with Olympus Smartmedia-cameras, the ability to "merge" two images to create a wide-angle shot -- only works with Olympus-branded SmartMedia "film".

Try eCoustics.com

Back