good deal or not 33k for 92 w/44k

well i been shopping around for 4-5mth now looking to buy a NSX anthing from a 97' down due to the price range i'm looking at, 25k-30K is all i can afford to spend right now. but i'm not in a rush to buy anything. i have learned from mistakes i made in the past. i live in western NY so NSX are hard to come by only at the dealer and those are always 00' and up.
well to make a long story short what do you think of this one?
http://www.chicagomotorcars.com/
asking price is 33K.

the guy own 2 store i guess(it's what he tell me) one here in Rochester Ny and the one in Chicago. his rochester( adrenalin autohaus) store has a yellow 02' with 24k miles asking for 65k.

please let know what you guys think. i don't want to pass up a good deal if it is.
TIA_kase

If it makes u feel good, I bought mines with under 40k miles, mint for low $20k with suspension, new 18/19 wheels and tires, and tint, and 45k service done.

You got a very good deal, I wouldn't hold out for a low miles NSX for low $20's thats a rarity. I guess it depends on how long you are willing to wait.

Yes, NSXs in the low 20s ususally have some type of major accident history, high miles, not well cared for, and/or need major service work.

FWIW, my '91 with 63,000 miles is going up for sale very soon for 29K, but I live a long ways away from you (New Mexico).

Car looks good in pictures. I learned a while back, though, you should always see a used car in person and drive it before you make a decision.

That said, you're always going to pay a premium buying a car from a dealer....for what reason I don't know. Unless they are new, I don't buy cars from dealers. In my experience i've found dealers to be without integrity and responsibility. I've purchased a long list of different cars and I will say that the best and most sound purchases were made from honest people like you and me: private sellers. Your dollar will go a lot farther with a private owner purchase, you'll probably get a better idea of the vehicle history and you'll probably be able to deal better with them as well.

Good luck.

If it makes u feel good, I bought mines with under 40k miles, mint for low $20k with suspension, new 18/19 wheels and tires, and tint, and 45k service done.

And by low 20s, you mean $29,000 . . .

Last weekend I just bought a 93 NSX blk/blk with mid 30 thousand miles on it, no accidents from a friend.

Price for the car $24,000 (a deal I couldn't turn down). Aftermarket wheels/tires and suspension, tint brought the price to $29k.

A fair price if the car has no accident history and all the maintenance is up to date. Make sure that the timing belt and coolant hoses have been changed in the past 5 years. If not then reduce the offer to $30,000.

Tom

Hi Agentboost,

i actually bought my 93 Formula Red NSX from them a few months ago. Very professional and easy to work with this dealership. I currently reside in Texas Houston but originally from Carol Stream Illinois where the dealership is located. I purchased my 93 with 54K miles for 33K. I was basically looking for a 93 to not have to worry about the snap ring range transmission. I would definitely have someone look and test drive the car before buying it. But working with dealership was excellent. Good luck!

I'm not sure and I am not home to check but I think this may be the same NSX I use to own. If so I say go for it. I took very good care of the car, if it is the same one.

Man oh man....takes a life time to build up a positive reputation, and just a single post on NSXprime to destroy it all. :wink:

Hi Agentboost,

i actually bought my 93 Formula Red NSX from them a few months ago. Very professional and easy to work with this dealership. I currently reside in Texas Houston but originally from Carol Stream Illinois where the dealership is located. I purchased my 93 with 54K miles for 33K. I was basically looking for a 93 to not have to worry about the snap ring range transmission. I would definitely have someone look and test drive the car before buying it. But working with dealership was excellent. Good luck!

yes i saw that other red one there with a sold tag on it..nice car you picked up.

ok might be a noob question but what is a "snap ring range transmission"
can you or anyone else explain this to me _TIA.

I'm not sure and I am not home to check but I think this may be the same NSX I use to own. If so I say go for it. I took very good care of the car, if it is the same one.

wow that would to nice..

it the same car on ebay, asking for less WTF!!!

i'll the guy today and ask him about it more.
i agree i would have to drive it first and take a closer look before anything.
i'm not in a rush and picking or shipping isn't a issue.

Thanks for the link, will look into it more now. since i found a 91' that i'm looking at.

The FAQs contain a wealth of information on buying an NSX, including a checklist for pre-purchase inspections. I would read as much as you can.

just talk to the guy, the red is SOLD.

but here is the yellow one i was talking about. i seen this thing in person.
http://adrenalin-autohaus.ebizautos.com/detail-2003-acura-nsx-t-adrenalin_autohaus-1477106.html

it's a lot over my budgets. but if it worth it and a great deal. i don't know something could happen.:biggrin:

Im not sure if this was the same car a local dealer had here several months ago and he sent back to his supplier because of undisclosed frame damage that I believe was around the pass side rocker panel.

well i found one from a member of prime (caz-nsx's 91' black beauty). i think that my best bet..so now we have to work out the details and i'll be apart of the owner crew...

Back