Good deal on this NSX?

Price seems to be ok. Are you set on the fip up headlights or are you open to the 02+ style? For about 10k more you can get a 02 but you'll have to do more searching.

In my opinion there are 4 different price bracket for the NSX:
1991-1994: $20k to 35k NA1 Coupe
1995-1996: $28k to 40k NA1 T
1997-2001: $40k to 52k NA2 T and Coupe
2002-2005: $53k to $80k 02 spec NA2 T

In your case, the car falls to the 1997 to 2001 range, the cars produced in this year bracket are essentially the same; therefore, you can either find a low mileage 97 or high mileage 2000, the price will be very similar. So it will not be a bad idea to do some research on Autotrader to get a feel of the pricing between 1997 with 30k, or a 2000 with 60k. Older model may need some attention when you get, if the maintenance is not to date, such as T belt, water pump, all other belts, hoses, etc. If you can find a1997 with low miles, including updated service, it will probably be wiser way to go.

Last edited:
good points. I thought the 60,000 mi might be alittle high for me, but as long as the car was taken care of I really don't see why it wouldn't be a good catch. Although 30,000 sounds much better.

Bat™

some other differences are:

-color matched interior
-updated style taillights
-updated rear lower valence
-updated exhaust tips
-updated wheels
-HID standard
-updated front bumper
-updated side skirts and door piece
-mini trunk wing
-gold calipers
-warranty still in effect

those are all I can think of right now. If you total these parts up and add them to the cost of the '00, they'll exceed the cost of the 02.

The fact that it's BLUE should make a BIG difference to you.:D

NOTE: Keep in mind that there are two different blues (1997-99, and 2000-01). The difference in shade may be enough to sway toward one year or the other.

Last edited:
Veleno said:
some other differences are:

-color matched interior
The idea of a blue interior may sound a bit strange at first, but the first time you see it, you may get hooked. It really does look cool in person.

FuryNSX said:
The fact that it's BLUE should make a BIG difference to you.:D

NOTE: Keep in mind that there are two different blues (1997-99, and 2000+). The difference in shade may be enough to sway toward one year or the other.

I was waiting for you to chime in Randy ;). You know I've been wanting a Blue one from day one :D. Monaco Blue looks alittle brighter than the other. Am I correct?

Bat™

From darker to lighter:

Monte Carlo (97-99), Monaco Blue (2000-01), Long Beach Blue (2002+)

(Someone please correct me if I am wrong.)

Monte Carlo

4132Monte_Carlo_Blue_Pearl_NSX_with_Equips-med.jpg

Monaco Blue

Rick_Phanny_4.gif

Long Beach Blue

IMG_5261.JPG

Last edited:
I stated I would try the Viper out for a few months. I Love it. Now it's time to try the NSX :). I saw the car, and it's beautiful. Has 60k on it. Asking 48,900.00 We came to an agreement that he would give me $2,000.00 for a trade. I origionally thought of asking about 50-55k for my car. So with his asking price, I ended up giving up the Viper for $51k. Good deal? Stupid me, I didn't have the registration in my car. So I am going to drive up to Orange tomorrow to complete the transaction.

Bat™

Blue Batmobile said:
2000gts.

Bat™

Nice work Bat....about time you came to your senses. :biggrin:

I'll have to show you my new CE28n's..I think you'll like em.

NsXMas said:
Everyone's getting CE28ns!! :D

Got any pix of yours?

I won't hijack the thread....I'll post a couple shots in the photo gallery under the Sebring Silver thread. I'm waiting for better weather so I can wash my car and actually take some good shots.

It's to hear that Bat is getting an NSX...I know him pretty well from our 350Z days. He's definitely a good member to have on the forums!
:biggrin:

Not to hijack, but I have a question about the Viper. Would you consider a 2002 GTS-FE with 3k miles (upgraded exhaust, header, stereo, intake) for $45k a good price? There are no issues at all with the car, it's mint.

Any issues I should know about these cars before I possibly take the plunge?

Veleno said:
Not to hijack, but I have a question about the Viper. Would you consider a 2002 GTS-FE with 3k miles (upgraded exhaust, header, stereo, intake) for $45k a good price? There are no issues at all with the car, it's mint.

Any issues I should know about these cars before I possibly take the plunge?

Holy SHIT!! That's a STEAL!! I paid more for my '97 Blue/White GTS with 8000 miles! The only issues you have to know about is whether its been in an accident or not. One thing to check is the power steering cap...make sure its on tight. Many Vipers burned down because the top came off and the fluids (highly flammable) drops onto the headers directly below.

BUY IT!! If its a clean title, BUY IT!!

Back