Going to Japan, lets hope so

Applied for a few jobs in Japan. Hopefully, the companies take a look at my application/resume and email me back. Can the community please give me a few tips on writting my resume better. (dont mind the listing format, this text box wont let me tab it to the right and also after every heading that is bold, the text under is suppose to be tab.) please give me feedback as this is my future im counting on to afford an NSX

Toua Yang
711 South 18th ST Manitowoc, WI 54220
(920) 254-4722
[email protected]

Objective
Entry Level Programmer

Education
Lakeland College, Sheboygan, WI 53081
Bachelor of Arts: Computer Science
Anticipated graduation: Dec 2008
Bilingual: English and Hmong

Personal Skills
Very self-motivated to solve problems, strong problem solving skills including in-depth research, strong technical skill, experience in providing quality customer service,

Computer Skills
Programming: JavaScript, HTML, XML, Java, ASP, Microsoft Visual Basic.NET, Microsoft Visual C++.NET, COBOL, Data Structure, Database Management, Microsoft Office, Systems Analysis and Design, Microsoft Visio

Software: Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Visual Studio.NET,
Linux, Micro Focus Net Express 4.0, Eclipse, Apache Tomcat, Macintosh OS

Experience
Dharaventure Inc, Manitowoc WI
8/2006 – 9/2007
Manager
• Check/Order store inventory
• Distribute jobs to employees
• Sales representative
• Manage the store

Team Electronic, Manitowoc WI
4/2006 – 6/2006
Sales Representative
• Sales
• Electronic Sales Manager
• Shipping/Receiving electronics
• Customer service

Lakeland College, Sheboygan WI
7/2005 – 12/2005
Volunteer• Create Access Database for Career Development Department
• Plan, Design, Implement Database Project
• Designed Tables, Queries, Reports, Forms
• Worked as a team with individual projects

Reference: Upon request

Last edited:
this might be a worthless suggestion, but maybe it should be in japanese?

This is an international website japanese companies use to hire international workers and vice versa. Its more like companies that are looking for students who wants to work overseas at their companies. I need feedback on my resume, got any ideas or wordings i should change.

www.gaijinpot.com its a good website if anyone here wants to work in japan.

Don't want to rain on your parade, but it's VERY difficult to work overseas. My BA and MBA are in International Business Management. I have worked in Asia, Latin America, Europe, Northern Africa and the Middle East. I am also multilingual and multi-cultural. I was hired because specific skills were not available locally, or I had specific experience that was unique to the position.

Often senior people are given overseas assignment at multinational companies in order to round out their management skills, expose them to international markets and provide a higher level understanding of the organization.

In most countries it is a paperwork nightmare to get a foreign national into a country to work. My last overseas assignment was in the UK. It took them months to get me into the country. For example they had to advertise the position in the EU to demonstrate they couldn't find someone within the EU rather than bring me from the US. It's also expensive to bring in someone from overseas. Different visas, etc., etc.

So, after all this...make yourself VERY unique. Solve their problem and demonstrate why they should hire YOU.

Personal Skills
Very self-motivated to solve problems, strong problem solving skills including in-depth research, strong technical skill, experience in providing quality customer service,

I'd suggest starting with "Highly motivated, strong problem solving skills" instead of repeating "solve problems, strong problem solving".
You seem to have management experience, I'd mention leadership skills etc. that most computer programmers aren't known for.

I didn't notice any actual programming experience. I'd figure out a way to put some on there even if it's just a big project you did. A little more detail on your tasks probably wouldn't hurt. For instance, how many people did you have under you? Also, putting your title as "manager" than putting "manage the store" for one of the details is probably not necessary.

Also, you mention in depth research, what was it on? What did you accomplish?

Back