Going over to the "dark side"

I see that Mike (Bridgewater Acura) is making a new addition to his garage. I'd like to take this opportunity to wish him the best of luck, I've been there, done that. Got gold chains??????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ok, I just tried to do a quick search but didn't see what Mike is getting. But I'm sure it is sweet. Let me know so I can share the joy.....

thedon67 said:
Ok, I just tried to do a quick search but didn't see what Mike is getting. But I'm sure it is sweet. Let me know so I can share the joy.....

Don, Don, all you have to do is "search" and you shall find, but just to make it easy for you (don't want you to strain the grey matter) here it is:

92 NSX red/ebony #1109 5 spd, 35k
02 Mini Cooper- 5 spd, 11k, Blue/white roof
01 Corvette Z06- blk/blk, 33k- on it's way!!!

Hope that you can now "figure it out"!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone in a week!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

The 01 Z06 from what I recall was only 385HP but it had a much stiffer suspension. I wonder if it is faster on a track than the 02-05?

Thanks Rog, not much gray matter left. I did search but I was looking for a thread that said he got a new toy. Didn't think to look at sig. Told you not much up here!

Congrats Mike. Nice collection. And I thought the LS was cool, guess you didn't. Must be nice to be in the biz..... :biggrin:

thedon67 said:
Thanks Rog, not much gray matter left. I did search but I was looking for a thread that said he got a new toy. Didn't think to look at sig. Told you not much up here!

Congrats Mike. Nice collection. And I thought the LS was cool, guess you didn't. Must be nice to be in the biz..... :biggrin:

Keep going, single, young, no alilmony, lots of discretionary capital for toys!!! Don't forget, unless your parents are rich, you still have to provide for your retirement!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Dony worry guys, its for sale like all the rest of my cars- except for my NSX, which im picking up this SUNDAY!!! :biggrin: If anyone ever see's any cars in my signature line that interest you just shoot me a PM. Dont inquire about my NSX it will never, ever be for sale. Ill just add other cars to my "collection". Im looking forward to some quality time with the Z06 and ill give some feedback on it. Not a bad winter car, eh!!

Roger: the only car I currently own is my NSX, the rest I just drive with other peoples money :biggrin: :biggrin: My parents are not really rich and dont worry guys I save LOTS of $$$ :biggrin:

Mike, how about an update, I see from a response that you just made, there is no reference to the Z06, have you retreated from the dark side before you even got there?????? Inquiring minds want to know!!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

This Z06 was a trade in on an Audi A6 and it turns out it is a terrbile-piece of ____. I gave the customer good money for the car over the phone. When the car gets here it has 4 of the baldest tires I've ever seen, the check engine light is on, and the exhaust is missing one of the secondary mufflers. I try to be the good guy and thats what you get. Anyways if anyone wants a overall decent Z06 for $26,500. Lets us know.

So Mike, what you're offering is a pre-owned, abused car that you don't want, with bald tires, and other problems, think I'll pass. So, what's next in your garage, inquiring minds want to know!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

ROGER- the car really isnt in that bad of shape, just needs the usual "vette" repairs- TIRES!! The NADA retail value is over $31k so there is plenty left for new rims and a nice hi-po exhaust!! I was offered $25k by a wholesaler so Im sure there is plenty of $$$ left in the car. As for whats next, im not sure.... My NSX is finally back and looking simply unreal!!! the roof is painted, calipers powdercoated, rear valence installed and unfortunatly sleeping under the car cover. :frown: I just ordered the "H" badges for my car, NSX-R shift boot, NSX-R valve cover and the SOS shift knob. I have the cantrell intake in my closet and im just about ready for my taitec headers and taitec exhaust!! The car will be looking insane by the end of april. :biggrin: I dont know what car to "demo" next. Im currently driving my MINI and I absolutly love it. Very fast :rolleyes: Anyways I am off the 3 days of auctions and my boss wants me to purchase 30 sports compact cars, so im sure ill find something.... I just bought a couple of type r's and evo's so ill let you know. Any special requests??

Well Mike, since you put it that way, not for me mind you, but for you, since it's winter and crappy out, you should look for one of the "sports cars"with either AWD or 4WD, so that leaves you with a wide open field, you could go the C4S, or even the 911TT, or a TT for that matter, why don't you surprise us and give us all the details on Saturday night!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
This Z06 was a trade in on an Audi A6 and it turns out it is a terrbile-piece of ____. I gave the customer good money for the car over the phone. When the car gets here it has 4 of the baldest tires I've ever seen, the check engine light is on, and the exhaust is missing one of the secondary mufflers. I try to be the good guy and thats what you get. Anyways if anyone wants a overall decent Z06 for $26,500. Lets us know.

Ahhhh....not good. Did the guy say it was mint, then mess you over?? :frown:

Talk about dark side Mike!!! We did miss you on Saturday night, and we'd love to have an Acura NSX at Bridgewater day, with goodies, but this springing surprises on us stuff has got to stop. OK, you killled the vette for good reason, but did you really get rid of the Mini, and replace it with a Tahoe with 23" spinners, say it aint so, that's not dark, it's pitch black!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Now im not on the dark side, Im "pitch black" right about now! I always wanted to drive an SUV with monsterous tires and rims on it so Im living it up right now. The MINI wasnt sold I just parked it on our lot because I put almost 1k miles on it within the week so I figured let me "spread the love around". Anyways Ive already spoken to alan and we are working on setting up and NSX DAY at bridgewater acura so if anyone wants to help let me know. By the way mitch, yes it appears I did get screwed over but I have come out ahead :wink: :wink:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
.... I just bought a couple of type r's and evo's so ill let you know. Any special requests??

What do those things go for at auctions?? I was kind of curious what an Evo or Type-R would grab on 'the block'. :)

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Now im not on the dark side, Im "pitch black" right about now! I always wanted to drive an SUV with monsterous tires and rims on it so Im living it up right now. The MINI wasnt sold I just parked it on our lot because I put almost 1k miles on it within the week so I figured let me "spread the love around". Anyways Ive already spoken to alan and we are working on setting up and NSX DAY at bridgewater acura so if anyone wants to help let me know. By the way mitch, yes it appears I did get screwed over but I have come out ahead :wink: :wink:

Mike, glad that you're living out your "multiple dreams", a beautiful NSX, with "bling" wheels, a cool little "Mini" (now resting), and a "monster truck" with 23" spinners, what could possibly be next, please give us a clue what else is on your "wish list", I had trouble transitioning from the Z06 to the truck, so give me a little prep before springing it on us!!! Hope that you have one of those "pull down" steps to get in and out of your new ride!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mitch, Ive been buying Evo's for $19-23k depending on miles, sunroof, spoiler or 03 or 04. I bought a white-no roof EVO with 786 miles on it at Manhiem for $23.5. Like Buying a new car!!! Type R's I pay between $17.5-$19 depending on miles and paintwork and mods. Stock cars sell alot faster!!

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Mitch, Ive been buying Evo's for $19-23k depending on miles, sunroof, spoiler or 03 or 04. I bought a white-no roof EVO with 786 miles on it at Manhiem for $23.5. Like Buying a new car!!! Type R's I pay between $17.5-$19 depending on miles and paintwork and mods. Stock cars sell alot faster!!

WOW!! The Type-R must be holding value to have only lost about $6,000 in 7 years. :eek:

Mitch, we just sold a 2000 type r in yellow with 19k on it for $24000. Talk about supply and demand. We had over 80 phone calls on this car in only 3 days!! simply unreal. Dont these kids realize they could have a 1991 NSX for only a couple thousand more???

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Mitch, we just sold a 2000 type r in yellow with 19k on it for $24000. Talk about supply and demand. We had over 80 phone calls on this car in only 3 days!! simply unreal. Dont these kids realize they could have a 1991 NSX for only a couple thousand more???

...or that the sticker on that car new was about that much. :eek:

Mitch, wasnt MSRP $23,925 or something like that.

Back