Gift Card from Acura

This is VERY nice. I just received a gift card in the mail from Acura HQ. It's good for $100 value towards parts, services, or vehicles at any Acura dealer. As Eric Cartman would say, "Sweet!" Apparently this resulted from the purchase (new) of my Integra Type R three and a half years ago, since they make reference in the accompanying letter to the Integra and to the dealer from whom I bought it.

In addition to being happy to receive a nice benefit, I think it's very smart of them to do this. It encourages owners to come into the dealer for service (at a time when the warranty is going to expire soon, and people might be considering switching to an independent mechanic for service). And, of course, ANY visit to the dealer is a potential opportunity for a vehicle purchase. Smart.

Anyone else get one of these?

One of my good cust. received one also for their 01 CRV. She ask me if I would honor it for svc. at my shop. I end up give her a discount to keep her from going to the dealer for the 30K. It is a very smart move on HONDA HQ.

Back