Getting Tempted to Sell my NSX...

dammit, I knew this would happen.

I'm on my fourth NSX, and I convinced myself that this one's a keeper. Here's a brief chronology:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101857

I just got done modifying the hell out of this thing, and I even installed a Rotora big brake kit this week. Now I am beginning to get tempted to buy another Porsche 996 911 Turbo. I've spotted some nicely modded ones on Ebay, and I am very tempted.

Someone please smack some sense into me.

SMACK

What are you crazy, in a month you'll want to get rid of the P-car, it looks the same as every Boxster and 911 from the front, it's just plain common. If it's torque you're looking for, fo rent a vette for a day and get it out of your system. If you sell this car, you'll be kicking yourself in the rear!!!

why in the world would you want to do that?!?

You've already had 4....there's a reason you keep coming back!

Can you have both at the same time?

If not, there isn't much you can do... just sell the NSX and get the TT...

It seems like this is a recurring theme that will never end until you have both.

DON'T DO IT!!!

Besides, Won't you lose a lot of money on all the mods if you sell it? Not that cars are a good investment, but usually when you flip cars, you only put in gas and change the oil...and some will even flip a car when the oil needs changed.

Charley

What year 996TT were you looking at? I have a buddy here in town who is selling his CPO'd 2002 Black/black with 20k miles. :wink:

But back on the subject at hand, if you've been thinking about selling, then maybe it is time to just move away from the NSX. How often do you drive her?

I find that the longer I am away from mine, my mind starts to wander and my eyes start looking at other cars. I just need to drive mine more.

I'll some it up here guys. Your car enthusiasts and thats the nature of a car enthusiast. If you like em all, then by all means try them all if your budget allows. If in the end if it brings you back to the NSX, then it was meant to be, and if not, well!!! Imagine going to the Playboy mansion and choosing just "one girl". WTF:confused:

HOW and WHY? What keeps you going back to p-car? Can you spot another NSX everday like you can a P-car? Your car is beautiful and would be a shame to see you move on after all the mods! Good luck!

Coming from a Porsche to the NSX, I can tell you the ONLY P-car you should consider if you want one is the 997 GT3's.....

The turbo's feel heavy and don't handle all that great. Unless you just want straightline speed....the GT3 is razor sharp like a surgeon's scapel so be sure to go test drive that car if you want a Porsche :)

rick

Now I am beginning to get tempted to buy another Porsche 996 911 Turbo.

Great grocery getter. Excellent road manners. Very fast!

NO SOUL WHATSOEVER. Oh yeah, and its UGLY AS HECK.

"Coming from a Porsche to the NSX, I can tell you the ONLY P-car you should consider if you want one is the 997 GT3's....."
I prefer the new GT-2 , but the prices are crazy right now 20 to 75k over MSRP...but a wicked fast car!

My next car will probably be a 911 Turbo. I say go for it!
The only thing, isn't the 996 unreliable? I *think* I heard their engines blow up randomly regardless if you treat it easy or not.

Searching on the subject, yeah, looks like they blow up...
http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic73502.htm

I would go for a different year or buy new with warantee.

If you end up selling it for another Turbo, get a 993TT! Air cooled FTW!

The hottest Turbo ever made, and they came in some wacky color combo's too:biggrin: Guy near me has a speed yellow with blue interior:eek:

The turbo and the GT3 use a different block than all other 996 models. The engine in the turbo/gt3 is bullet proof. This is why the GT3 makes such a great track car. The rear main seal in the 996 is very problematic.

I still think the NSX is much more car especially for the $$

My next car will probably be a 911 Turbo. I say go for it!
The only thing, isn't the 996 unreliable? I *think* I heard their engines blow up randomly regardless if you treat it easy or not.

Searching on the subject, yeah, looks like they blow up...
http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic73502.htm

I would go for a different year or buy new with warantee.

You know when I was younger I dreamed of owning a Porsche because I loved the history of the cars and thought they were rare. Wrong!

You see a Porsche everyday on the roads and in my parking garage downstairs there are the following (this morning even):

White GT3, Boxster, Boxster S, Cayman S X 3!, a 996 Carerra in purple, and another plain jane Boxster. How many NSX's? 0 that's because mine's in the shop having interior work done.

Plus the 996 engines are blow up beasts! I know my mates 911 is on its second engine!

Keep the NSX!

If you have the itch, then you must scratch. Sell the NSX, and when you come back for the fifth time, you may want to try another color (red, yellow, orange, blue, or green). You may even be the record holder for the most come backs on Prime.

If you already had a 911 Turbo, and decided the NSX was better, then why are you thinking of getting another one? I mean, I could understand thinking a different car would be more fun, but if you already bought one and decided you were wrong, then why spend the money and decide that you were wrong... again?

If I were in your place, I would look for an cheap (relatively) old 911, and have it as a second car. From what I understand, you can swap engines, transmissions, and suspensions from year to year for all but the newest cars, so over time I would mod it to improve the handling and braking. I'm sure that even in an older car with less power, the feel of a rear engine would be distinctive, and somehow the old cars have character that the new ones seem to have engineered out.

Really, though, I'm sure you will end up doing what makes you happy, and that's exactly the way it should be.

Nick

Really, though, I'm sure you will end up doing what makes you happy, and that's exactly the way it should be.

Nick

In the infamous words of Simon Cowell "I don't mean to be rude but".

Isn't it obvious, he's probably not capable of being happy with anything, it's not in his makeup. Why do you think he's reaching out for opinions. What he's telling us is, it's what people with too much time and money do. Their bored!:confused:

you have had some nice NSXes.......From Looking at the post. Most would be happy with any single one you have.........

why not keep the NSX and buy another car you want? have your cake and ice cream.....

Searching for the perfect car is like searching for the perfect women. You take the bad with the good and hope for a happy outcome....lol

But seriously.....Something keeps drawing you back to the nsx and then again vice versa----something about them you dont like,,,,

geewise you have a modded out 02 plus with SC......Some would give up their first born....pun intended...

All in all do what makes you happy...NOT US

Back