Getting Married

:eek:

Finally!!!:biggrin:

My fiancee and I are tying the knot this Saturday, and she will be coming with me to Ft. Lewis, WA when I report for duty in a couple weeks.

It has been an interesting ride the year and a half that I have known her. But it is all for the better. The good times bring us joy, the bad time bring us closer together.

We were originally planning on getting married late this year or next year, but due to some finincial circumstances, we decided it's time to just take the plunge and take life's journey together. We're both glad that she can finally get out from under the welfare system that dictates you must stay poor in order to get the services you need (her son has a few educational and medical special needs). Now with my insurance and benefits, she can earn as much as she wants in a dual income household and not have to worry about "income qualifying" for the services she and her (soon to be "our") son needs. I have always wanted to take care of her and provide for her, so for me, this is a huge blessing.

Saturday night will be fun, fun indeed.:cool:

Congratulations.

I hope you will have blessed ceremony,
and enjoy your life with significant other.

and good luck.

Great!!! Congradulations!!!
But as they say, this thread will be useless with out pics.
Before or after the party of course.
Enjoy and have fun!
Trev

Congratulations, from a guy that has been married 24 years now I wish you good luck, good health and much happiness!

:biggrin:

I'm sorry to hear that, my condolences.

:eek:

It has been an interesting ride the year and a half that I have known her. But it is all for the better. The good times bring us joy, the bad time bring us closer together.

Only a 1 yr 1/2, I hope you're sure about marriage, and not just doing it for the "extra"money or just to get out of barracks life.

When I was down in Miramar, a guy in my unit was deployed for a while, and had $10k saved up. Well when he returned from deployment, he found out his wife had somehow managed to blow all the money away. He knew her probably as long as you know your fiancee. Needless to say, he is now single.

Last edited:
Some pictures. These are some that my sister took. Here camera is not the best, but we've got some better ones coming.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 97
Back