Get off your a*s Honda

Still needs a spoiler if you ask me! As far as honda, I think Acura should have bumped the HP in the 2002 to 315 and nobody would complain.

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Here's some bigger images

npr_kt0426_06_07.jpg

npr_kt0426_06_02.jpg

npr_kt0426_06_14.jpg

images664526.jpg

images664527.jpg

npr_kt0426_06_17.jpg

How about that other thread... http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000646.html

so who still wouldn't want to drive one??? So far I think it's Gheba and me. Like I said I want mine to be Rossa!

------------------
Hal - Speed of Heat
Lake Oswego, Oregon (for now)
95T Blk\Blk SportShift - sold
Speed%20of%20Heat.gif

[This message has been edited by hejo (edited 26 April 2002).]

[This message has been edited by hejo (edited 26 April 2002).]

I remember reading in one of the car mags that Ford will be putting the new GT40 into production as well.

If this keeps up, Honda's arse is going to be sore because:
(a) sat on it too long.
(b) competition is busy kicking it.
(c) landed on it after stumbling
(d) all of the above

I think a Ferrari-lover/owner I know said it best. "They finally made an ugly Ferrari."

My opinion is unchanged from that earlier thread.

If you ask me, car design trends are in a downward spiral!

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Is the officical name of this car F140?

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Originally posted by JoeSchmoe:
BTW, anyone know why the roof panel is gray instead of the bodycolor? Is it meant to copy the NSX's canopy idea or is that panel removable?

I think because it's carbon fiber. Also the front headlight housing is carbon fiber and not painted.
npr_kt0426_06_08.jpg

I think the reason they didn't paint the top is due to the fact the car resemble F1 cars. They are trying so hard to make the car somewhat looks like the F1 cars. Make sense since they been dominating F1 the past couple of years.

I believe the F40 and F50 uses painted carbon fiber body panel.

ICBW

While everybody is entilted to his own esthetics preferences on something so subjective, it is a fact that Ferrari (in recent years) has always been a step ahead of everyone else.
When the original pontoon fenders Testa Rossa came out in the fifies, everyone thought it was an abomination. A few years later, it became one of the most representative designs of Ferrari's daring designs and one of the most admired esthetically. Ferrari does not do much wrong; Honda's excuse is too much engineering in the fields of ecology and fuel economy; ask Jacques Villeneuve, he'll tell you !

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:
I believe the F40 and F50 uses painted carbon fiber body panel.

ICBW

True but I think they wanted the carbon fiber to show as design elements.

I have to admit that I think it looks better in these photos compared to the earlier one that looked like Speed Racer's Mach 5.

....but that Ford GT40 looks REALLY nice.

Here's hoping that Honda steps up to the plate.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

After looking at these pics for a while, I figured out what is wrong with this car. It's the pointed nose in the front. Imagine the same car with out the hump extruded from the front bumper and I think it looks much better.

Originally posted by ck:
I figured out what is wrong with this car. It's the pointed nose in the front. Imagine the same car with out the hump extruded from the front bumper and I think it looks much better.
All subjective... I like it.

The pointed nose takes design cues from current F1 cars. See similar nose on Pagani Zonda C-12S (my avatar) and the new Benz SLR.

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:
I can't afford one. Anybody who planning to buy one, please don't hesitate to invite me to drive
smile.gif
Me too... I really like that rear diffuser -- any chance of something like that appearing as an aftermarket NSX part ?

Originally posted by ck:
After looking at these pics for a while, I figured out what is wrong with this car. It's the pointed nose in the front.

The nose is similar to the F50 and maybe even less in size. I do agree I think a rear wing like the F50 would may be a nice addition.

The 1st thing I dislike is the pointed nose (looks like a firebird,which I dislike because of the nose too)Other than that I love the cars style!!!!

------------------

Leave it to the Italians to think EVERYONE wants a BIG NOSE TOO!!!!
PS I'm Italian, and dont have or like a roman nose!!!

------------------

Originally posted by MYNSX:
Leave it to the Italians to think EVERYONE wants a BIG NOSE TOO!!!!
PS I'm Italian, and dont have or like a roman nose!!!

ma le donne gradiscono
biggrin.gif

------------------
Hal - Speed of Heat
Lake Oswego, Oregon (for now)
95T Blk\Blk SportShift - sold
Speed%20of%20Heat.gif

I think the front end is pretty ugly. The view from the rear though is breathtaking.

Love those diffusers in the back and the super wide stance. Looking from the rear, I can see why the Ferrari designers decided to do without a F50-like spoiler.

Back