• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gentlemen, Please hold your jaws

Heres my Ikeya shifter. Fitted for left hand drive NSX with functional E-brake.

SequentialShifter.jpg

Very nice..:) have fun...:) just don't accidentally shift pass 5th... you will see what I mean...;)
Much props! Did you end up using SOS (claimed to work kit)?

:biggrin: yup I do know what you mean by that. We installed the gear indicator by the instrument panel. This is not a product of SOS. A close buddy of mine help me with the install. BTW thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Very cool, keep us updated on how you like it, I was very interested in this item a year ago, but after consideration wasn't sure if it would be an asset, or a liability, to spirted driving.

What issue arises when you try to shift past 5th gear?

I believe you go into reverse if im not mistaken... :eek: hehe Looks cool and clean!

After 5th, It will throw you back at 0 or neutral. Really fun to drive. It benefit me a lot when I was going though curbs and turns with toe heel shifting:biggrin: .

I believe you go into reverse if im not mistaken... :eek: hehe Looks cool and clean!

It wont go on reverse unless the reverse lever is pulled down. After 5th, It will go back to 0. I wont suggest this system to a person who just got an NSX at least 6 mos. prior of. B/C you have to know your engine and how it sounds and feel like every gear. The gear indicator is also there to make sure you know where to shift next. But other than that, Its so hard for me to leave the passenger seat. Its the same tamed animal but way FUNNER to drive.:biggrin:

Do you still need to use the clutch?

A lot of engineering was done to this system but I wish I can afford a sequential transmission. You still have to use the clutch for this system. If you have 20K, you can probably get the sq tranny.

WOW!! Very cool to see that in an NSX. A friend of mine just installed that same shifter in his Nissan 350Z Twin Turbo. It is wild! Have fun.

I pointed that out for fun because I ran into it 2 times. So when that happens (most likely you will be traveling faster than 40 MPH) you can't just shift into 1st:eek: . So to be safe, I had to pull over stop the car then engage back to 1st gear. During the time I had the shifter installed in my car, I wouldn't let no one drives it with out my presense.
Overall it's a great and unique piece of toy to have.

I pointed that out for fun because I ran into it 2 times. So when that happens (most likely you will be traveling faster than 40 MPH) you can't just shift into 1st:eek: . So to be safe, I had to pull over stop the car then engage back to 1st gear. During the time I had the shifter installed in my car, I wouldn't let no one drives it with out my presense.
Overall it's a great and unique piece of toy to have.

I knew you've done it already:biggrin: . I havent done it yet but I do know about this problem and I appreciate it when you point it out to me. I dont let no one drive the NSX except for my buddy who engineered the conversion. I installed the gear indicator right by the speedo and tach so its on my face all the time. Overall, Im having fun with the system. I have a lot of people asking about it and just amazed with this system:wink: . Ill have video later on.

I knew you've done it already:biggrin: . I havent done it yet but I do know about this problem and I appreciate it when you point it out to me. I dont let no one drive the NSX except for my buddy who engineered the conversion. I installed the gear indicator right by the speedo and tach so its on my face all the time. Overall, Im having fun with the system. I have a lot of people asking about it and just amazed with this system:wink: . Ill have video later on.

Can your friend reproduce the conversion parts? I was close to buying one of these last year, but I use my e-brake for hills, so this scared me away from the system.

Honestly, unless it is a true (which this is not) sequential tranny, it is just eye candy. Seems more of a hassle than just knowing how to heel/toe and use the stock tranny. It does look cool though.

You are right. I wish I can afford that tranny like M-J then it will true sequential. This might be the only system stateside that has been fully converted to LHD.

You would think for the price you pay for a sequential transmission, that there would be some sort of mechanism that prevents you from going past 5th gear..... :rolleyes:

But props on a nice install! Does the transmission make any noise over OEM? (i'm sure its not the quietest thing in the world hehe)

You would think for the price you pay for a sequential transmission, that there would be some sort of mechanism that prevents you from going past 5th gear..... :rolleyes:

It's not a sequential gearbox. It's a sequential shifter. It's still an NSX gearbox.

Here's an old vid (I think it's about two years old) of an NSX install.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xh9Wrm2iHho&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xh9Wrm2iHho&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Back