G'day!

I was recently lookin' through an AutoSalon car magazine and read an interesting article on an NSX, that had been mildly tuned and fitted with a custom body kit. The result was quite impressive.

I've since been looking at a few NSXs and found the perfect one for sale, which is a 2001 NSX Targa 3.2L in red. I can save a few bucks on it also, which is pretty good.

I've got a few questions out there for current NSX owners, one of which is the car's reliability and durability. If you hadn't already guessed, I live in Sydney, Australia and our roads aren't exactly top knotch. I'll be racking up some decent mileage in this thing and country driving will be involved. Do they handle "warm" climates well?

I've already got someone lined up to build some custom alloy wheels for the car, if and when I buy it. But I was wondering what else I could pursue in the way of modifications of the car? What are the differences between a NSX and a NSXR? Is it possible to bring a standard NSX to NSXR specification?

This is the last question, promise. ;)

What is the 0-100km/h, or 0-60mph, time for a completely stock 3.2L NSX? I've seen some conflicting times. Just curious as it felt relatively sluggish in comparison to my E55, but then again, I wasn't actually driving the car, the owner was and I get the impression he doesn't know how to really 'drive' the car.

Oh, I got some piccies of the car itself, for those interested.

index.php

index.php

One of the most attractive features about this car is it's absolutely immaculate, virtually as new. The leather is fantastic.

Thanks in advance!

I live in Brunei which is close to Australia. The climate here is mostly hot whith ocassionally rain. I drive my car every day since 2001 and the car is a 91 model. Regarding hot climate no problem for the NSX and I drive my car fast almost everyday (drive the car for what its made for). Go for it. BTW we have under develop roads where I live and still the car perform well at least until now (I need a new pair of front shock to replace my 15 year old ones).

Back