FYI: 1993 Red Acura NSX For Sale Mileage: 75,707 JH4NA1154PT000285

FYI: 1993 Red Acura NSX For Sale Mileage: 75,707

Does anyone know if this is a good deal? Thanks!

http://classifieds.autos.yahoo.com/...-1223922&vtype=autos&csz=94124&distance=35.02

VIN# JH4NA1154PT000285

NSX Sport Coupe 2D - V6 3.0 Liter, 5 Speed Manual, Rear Wheel Drive, Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Tilt Wheel, Cruise Control, AM/FM Stereo, Cassette, Premium Sound, Dual Front Air Bags, ABS (4-Wheel), Leather, Dual Power Seats, Premium Wheels Contact our Pre-owned Sales Department for your no-hassle buying experience! *All advertised prices exclude government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer document preparation charge, and any emission testing charge. - This vehicle was verified to be available as of 12/20/2003.

For More Info, please contact:

Livermore Honda
3800 North First Street
Livermore, CA 94550
(866) 461-5112

:p

You might look here

It appears to me that in August this car had 71,540 miles on it with an asking price of $29,850. It was in Los Gatos, CA and I will assume it was at a dealer with a phone number of 408 358 8000.

Yesterday it had 75,707 miles on it with as asking price of 29,999 and it is definitely at a dealer.

In answer to your question, is it a good deal -- for myself, if a mechanic's pre purchase inspection and a carfax came back AOK, and a personal inspection satisfied me, and if the TB/WP have been done, and knowing it has been shuffeled from dealer to dealer -- which may or may not show up in the Carfax, I might pay as much as $26,500 for it. But since it is Arrest-me red, I personally have no interest.

FWIW, my AnalyNSX tables -- which I haven't updated for quite some time -- show 11 1993 NSXs with an averagle mileage of 67,376 on them and an average asking price of $30,258.

It is my impression, that asking prices have dropped recently, but I cannot back that up with hard data

Hope that helps

Mark

Thanks Mark!

Thanks Mark! :D I didn't know that this car was offered for sale back in August, and that they even put extra miles on it and was asking for a higher price! But in kbb, the Retail Value is $34,685:

Blue Book Used Car Retail Report
California • December 21, 2003

1993 Acura NSX Sport Coupe 2D

Engine: V6 3.0 Liter
Trans: 5 Speed Manual
Drive: Rear Wheel Drive
Mileage: 75,707

Equipment:
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Cassette
Premium Sound
Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Leather
Dual Power Seats
Rear Spoiler
Alloy Wheels

Retail Value $34,685

Maybe there are hidden problems?

Well, I can think of no better way to say this than:

nsxtasy said:
KBB (and Edmunds) are not particularly good estimators of market value for NSXs, in my experience.

There are numerous threads on this topic, but the main reason is there are only about 7500 NSXs [for all years!] in the entire US, and the type of statistics analyzed by KBB just aren't numerous enough to reach valid values.

Some months ago I put together a simple-minded FoxPro application to keep track of available NSXs across the country. I entered about 100 ads I found between about May and September. Here is a short discussion of it All it does is automate the pricing matrix in the FAQs included in the Prime website. To me, its value is sorting out all the ads I have looked at -- and let me find out if a car that becomes "available 12/20/03" isn't one I've seen before. Helps with my personal caveat emptor!

It is a complete application that you install on your computer -- as a result it is about 12 MB -- far too big for an email attachment. I was working for a while with KGB in St Louis to try to get it on this web site as an FTP download -- but that came to nothing

If you would care for a CD, I could mail it to you. Good luck in your search.

Back