Fxmd 700

There are various turbo kits being made for the NSX and some claim to be better than others. But there is only one system made so far known as the FXMD 700. The setup consists of a fully built 3.2L c30 engine with billet crankshaft which is boosted by a Garrett T04Z turbo unit placed above the oil pan level. HKS electronics all the way (of course) and other significant items. The R&D on this system has been done by Ken, Fes and John.K. After some adjustments, the system has been initially tuned as follows:

Low Boost 7 psi, 91 oct - 484 whp, 371 ft/lb
High Boost 14 psi, E-85 - 625 whp , 488 ft/lb

5654458166_c864f1607a_b.jpg

looks great mang... congrats!!

once i upgrade my fuel system I Might have to try this new turbo!! :biggrin:

looks great mang... congrats!!

once i upgrade my fuel system I Might have to try this new turbo!! :biggrin:

New Turbo?

The T04z is a old turbo. It is basically the T67 only now can get the upgraded BB cartridge, but the T-series line-up is garrett's oldest line. That turbo is old technology and was replaced by the GT40/88R

Nothing wrong with old technology though. I mean the NSX is old technology and its still a great car, just like the TO4Z is old technology but still a great turbo.

There are various turbo kits being made for the NSX and some claim to be better than others. But there is only one system made so far known as the FXMD 700. The setup consists of a fully built 3.2L c30 engine with billet crankshaft which is boosted by a Garrett T04Z turbo unit placed above the oil pan level. HKS electronics all the way (of course) and other significant items. The R&D on this system has been done by Ken, Fes and John.K. After some adjustments, the system has been initially tuned as follows:

Low Boost 7 psi, 91 oct - 484 whp, 371 ft/lb
High Boost 14 psi, E-85 - 625 whp , 488 ft/lb

5654458166_c864f1607a_b.jpg

Glad you are happy Tom! We need to crank it up after you get used to the power. Hopefully, the new FX-TA2 wide body will be done so we can get more tire on the ground!

New Turbo?

The T04z is a old turbo. It is basically the T67 only now can get the upgraded BB cartridge, but the T-series line-up is garrett's oldest line. That turbo is old technology and was replaced by the GT40/88R

Nothing wrong with old technology though. I mean the NSX is old technology and its still a great car, just like the TO4Z is old technology but still a great turbo.

Spot on! We went through quite a few turbo variations with our TA car and really like this set-up even though it is an older design. The ones we run in particular are T04ZxSPL. Great spool and lots of headroom, tried and true.

New Turbo?

meant new as in new to me :smile:.... I know about the to4z.. back in day I started & ran a site called to4r.com :wink:

we need to get all the fxmd street NSX's together one of these days :biggrin:

Back