Future S2000

From Carscoop:
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/07/2010-honda-s2000-roadster-rendering.html

honda+s2000.jpg

While we still haven’t received any official word on the S2000 replacement, Japanese car magazines are at it again drawing up their own renderings of Honda’s next generation rear-wheel-drive roadster. According to T.L. who sent us this latest scan, the unnamed Japanese magazines says that new S2000 is expected to be unveiled in 2010 with worldwide sales starting in 2011. It is stated that Honda’s S2000 will offer buyers more options in terms of powertrains, including two new engines, a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder V-TEC unit delivering approximately 250Hp and a 3.5-litre V6 V-TEC unit with about 350Hp.

this may sound silly... but i am asking it as a serious question...

where do they come up with the engine/horsepower numbers from? is there ANY credibility to it? or are they just numbers that the rumor mongers are wishing for?

Well at least they found a use for the ASCC design after all... :rolleyes:

From Carscoop:
honda+s2000.jpg

.......... a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder V-TEC unit delivering approximately 250Hp and a 3.5-litre V6 V-TEC unit with about 350Hp.

@ least i don't hear/read about a girly MIATA FIGHTER on that .. remember, most of the "rumor" guys from Japan were right about the "new NSX" been FR .. oh well, if they keep under 2.800lb 350HP .. that can be sweet ,... remember, Vettes are 300lbs heavier than the current S2k's ... so they better keep it light ...

OScar

Last edited:
this reminds me of the evolution of the Z3 to the Z4. A v6 option is interesting, but not really required unless they are going after the big fish.

From Carscoop:
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/07/2010-honda-s2000-roadster-rendering.html

honda+s2000.jpg

While we still haven’t received any official word on the S2000 replacement, Japanese car magazines are at it again drawing up their own renderings of Honda’s next generation rear-wheel-drive roadster. According to T.L. who sent us this latest scan, the unnamed Japanese magazines says that new S2000 is expected to be unveiled in 2010 with worldwide sales starting in 2011. It is stated that Honda’s S2000 will offer buyers more options in terms of powertrains, including two new engines, a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder V-TEC unit delivering approximately 250Hp and a 3.5-litre V6 V-TEC unit with about 350Hp.

Rendering only

There's no way an S2000 will have a V6. Honda scrapped the I5 origional design because of the xx lbs heavier and affect on the 50/50 balance it wanted to have. I would have loved a I5, but can you say oversteer with a V6? Yeah right..

A 2.4 litter maybe.. but if they lower the redline passed 8000 RPM, the complete value of the car will go away. Might was well call it Miata++

It's too bad Honda wants to keep competing with Miata, rather than keep their niche performance market.

Maybe instead of offering a V6, they bolt up a turbo to a new four cylinder motor? The RDX has a turbo; maybe Honda will be looking for more ways to use turbos with their engines.

It's simple. All Honda has to do is make two cars that perform just as well as the Nissan 370 Z and the GT-R. Price them 2% less and give them "old-school" Honda styling and they will have two winners on their hands.

It's really not that difficult.

It's simple. All Honda has to do is make two cars that perform just as well as the Nissan 370 Z and the GT-R. Price them 2% less and give them "old-school" Honda styling and they will have two winners on their hands.

It's really not that difficult.

SOOOOO true! I'm with you on this!

Back