Future NSX owner saying hello!

Good morning everyone!

This is my first post here. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi to everyone.

Name is Mike and I'm a Radiologic Technologist by profession, but like many of you here, I love motorsports, and really enjoy working on cars.

The NSX has always been my dream car since I was a teen in the 90s and now that I can finally afford one, they have doubled in price lol.

I currently own a Subie and have already overhauled a couple of their motors, very straightforward, except for the dreaded plugs which are a pita to service in the car.

However, Honda is what I started with back in '94. I've owned everything from a Fit Sport, K20 Civic Si, a beautiful Silverstone S2000, a CR-V, Odyssey minivan, etc. Needles to say, Honda is where my heart will always be.

I can't wait to the day I have my own NSX to be posting here with you guys, wrenching in the car, doing all its services and modifications.

Looking forward to that day. In the meantime, I will be learning and absorbing as much info as I can.

See you guys around.

NSX is the JDM goat!

Thank you Sir.

In the meantime, I've been watching so many videos on it lol, feasting my eyes on its great motor and how everything works in the car.. quite a few awesome YouTubers out there like Lap of the World, Drivers Therapy, AHC Garage (whom are only 40 minutes away from me and they do an absolutely fantastic work on these cars) and Adam Saruwatari channels are some great YouTube channels on the subject, its services and issues.

I'm already aware once I get it, I have to lookout for things the transmission snap ring('91-'92), ABS module issues/conversion to the S2K unit, faulty radio electronics and problematic A/C, needing bigger/better brakes, the bolts in the intake flappers getting lose, the dreaded harmonic balancer coming apart.. and of course doing the T/B and water pump service on it.

Thankfully with companies like Science of Speed, mostly all parts needed should be covered.

I can't wait.

Last edited:
welcome, the cars are made very well, parts are becoming tough to get for some things. Prime is a wealth of searchable content. If you are anywhere near FW Texas in October nsxpo will be a feast for your eyes..Are you a general Rad tech or in specials?

Thank you. Even with its few faults, I have no doubt the NSX are great cars, it's a Honda after all. I can just imagine what NSXPO experience must be like; unfortunately, I currently have more pressing work/family matters till next year. Hopefully next time for sure, I'll take the wife.

I currently supervise a department with three modalities: X-Rays, CT and MRI. But to be honest, I still personally enjoy working/helping patients directly in the field. Oh you're a doctor I see, cool.

I'm lucky enough the chief of our Imaging department loves working on cars too.

Last edited:
Welcome! Prices have been softening, especial for cars that need some work, which could work in your favor. When you see it, jump! I really regret waiting to jump in myself.

It sounds like you will fit right in when you find yours. They are great to work on, although not quite as focussed, servicewise, as the Accords, Civics, and motorcycles. (Not sure who decided to put the fuel filter behind that bracing with the bolt on the wrong side - although most likely it was perfectly accessible until some clown calling it "fragile" caused them to add more bracing right in front of the filter.)

There do seem to be a lot of docs and a lot of engineers about.

Last edited:
Thank you Sir.

In the meantime, I've been watching so many videos on it lol, feasting my eyes on its great motor and how everything works in the car.. quite a few awesome YouTubers out there like Lap of the World, Drivers Therapy, AHC Garage (whom are only 40 minutes away from me and they do an absolutely fantastic work on these cars) and Adam Saruwatari channels are some great YouTube channels on the subject, its services and issues.

I'm already aware once I get it, I have to lookout for things the transmission snap ring('91-'92), ABS module issues/conversion to the S2K unit, faulty radio electronics and problematic A/C, needing bigger/better brakes, the bolts in the intake flappers getting lose, the dreaded harmonic balancer coming apart.. and of course doing the T/B and water pump service on it.

Thankfully with companies like Science of Speed, mostly all parts needed should be covered.

I can't wait.
The transmissions with the issue are well documented, so you can check to see if the trans is affected before you buy. I also think that only came up with the 91s, but someone can correct me if that's not accurate.

Take care and good luck tracking down your dream car. The hunt is half the fun! :cool:

Welcome! Prices have been softening, especial for cars that need some work, which could work in your favor. When you see it, jump! I really regret waiting to jump in myself.

It sounds like you will fit right in when you find yours. They are great to work on, although not quite as focussed, servicewise, as the Accords, Civics, and motorcycles. (Not sure who decided to put the fuel filter behind that bracing with the bolt on the wrong side - although most likely it was perfectly accessible until some clown calling it "fragile" caused them to add more bracing right in front of the filter.)

There does seem to be a lot of docs and a lot of engineers about.
Thank you.

Definitely would not be afraid to jump in one that’d need some work. It’s obviously better when one doesn’t have to spend time on a used car, but as you said, it can be used to lower its price some, and with most NA1s being almost/over 30 years old, it’s almost guaranteed they’d have something going on.

Looks like removing valve covers and such for a T/B service is a pita, but nothing some patience and the right tools can’t attain. Given the engine layout, I can imagine valve clearances can also be a challenging task.
I’m in big agreement of using the correct specialty tools whenever necessary, it avoids broken parts and bigger headaches.

The transmissions with the issue are well documented, so you can check to see if the trans is affected before you buy. I also think that only came up with the 91s, but someone can correct me if that's not accurate.

Take care and good luck tracking down your dream car. The hunt is half the fun! :cool:
Thanks man, will do.
Looks like this is a great repository of knowledge with these cars and there are many knowledgeable/helpful folks here. I’m already getting great vibes from everyone.
See you around in the forums.

NSX is the JDM goat! 🐐

Back