Future NSX owner,my intro and pics of my current Honda

Hello everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. I drive a 2006 Honda Civic Si, and love the car! I eventually plan to keep the car as my daily driver and would like to purchase an NSX as a second car for the weekends and for some spirted driving. Been doing some research and i would most likely go for a 2003+ model in either white or black. I would also like to remain true to the Honda spirit and build the NSX with a nice N/A setup. here are some pics of the Si below. Great daily commuting car, and great weekend racer.

P3011567.jpg

P2151554.jpg

P2151558.jpg

race2.jpg

race-1.jpg

Welcome to the forum :smile: This by far is the best place online to research about NSX's. The Civic Si is a very nice car. I was thinking of getting one as a daily driver however I test drove one and it seems that the throttle response was "lagging" when I attempted to do heel toe downshifting. Is this the case with yours as well or did I test drive a faulty one?

I did address the throttle lag issue and it was corrected via a reflash to the ECU provided by Honda, since then the car has been running great.

Oh nice, does Honda do that reflash under warranty? or did you have to pay for it?

..it was covered under warrenty

If NA was "Honda's philosophy", it no longer is. The RDX is turbo and several other engines are being considered using forced induction. Lets face it... Variable valve timing is nice technology but to call it a substitute for forced induction is stretching things a bit. We don't need turbos we have VTEC... LOL...

Anyway sorry to veer off subject. I think the Civic Si is a great looking car regardless of price. In it's class its by far the hottest looking car. And the NSX you are looking for is 2002 and newer, 02 and 03 are basically the same.

If NA was "Honda's philosophy", it no longer is. The RDX is turbo and several other engines are being considered using forced induction. Lets face it... Variable valve timing is nice technology but to call it a substitute for forced induction is stretching things a bit. We don't need turbos we have VTEC... LOL...

Anyway sorry to veer off subject. I think the Civic Si is a great looking car regardless of price. In it's class its by far the hottest looking car. And the NSX you are looking for is 2002 and newer, 02 and 03 are basically the same.

Yea I completely agree, VTEC isn't something that can take a place of a turbo. It usually just allows higher revs and more efficiency. Honda just need to make a bigger NA engine (V8, V10) and they'll be fine, they can even keep the VTEC:biggrin:

was this throttle lag a problem with the 07 si's? just wondering as my friend has one and would be cool if they could reset his ecu.

yeah there is no replacement for displacement and FI and all of that. I just love the sound and power of a well built Honda N/A motor....maybe that will change when i drive a SC or Turbo charged NSX. The only midship sports car i ever drove was a 96 Toyota MR-2 turbo and I loved the driving characteristics!. I have yet to drive an NSX but will do soo soon. I love the lines on the NSX plus the power to weight ratio, and the fact that its Honda built, cant wait! soo, let me get this straight. A 2002 model year NSX starts the new body styling and suspension changes? I thought the 2003 model started the new look?

was this throttle lag a problem with the 07 si's? just wondering as my friend has one and would be cool if they could reset his ecu.

...it was a common complaint, tell your friend to go to a high volume Honda Dealership in his area. From what i remember only certain dealerships had the software to do the reflash. Oh and on that note!..does the newer gen NSX feature Drive-by-wire like my coupe?

soo, let me get this straight. A 2002 model year NSX starts the new body styling and suspension changes? I thought the 2003 model started the new look?

Its 2002 and there were no major suspension changes other than the rear sway bar change in 2004.

ok, cool. So do you drive you NSX daily? How is the quality of the car compare to other sports cars?

yeah there is no replacement for displacement and FI and all of that. I just love the sound and power of a well built Honda N/A motor....maybe that will change when i drive a SC or Turbo charged NSX. The only midship sports car i ever drove was a 96 Toyota MR-2 turbo and I loved the driving characteristics!. I have yet to drive an NSX but will do soo soon. I love the lines on the NSX plus the power to weight ratio, and the fact that its Honda built, cant wait! soo, let me get this straight. A 2002 model year NSX starts the new body styling and suspension changes? I thought the 2003 model started the new look?

Finding the right balance that maximizes your driving enjoyment is different for everyone. I think it's important to try everything out at least once.

FYI, there were zero 96 mr2's in the United States. There are only a couple hundred 95's.

My younger brother has an 07 civic and they have come a long way since I had my 96 hatch back. Back when I had my hatch back a stock 200hp civic was what dreams were made of.

Finding the right balance that maximizes your driving enjoyment is different for everyone. I think it's important to try everything out at least once.

FYI, there were zero 96 mr2's in the United States. There are only a couple hundred 95's.

My younger brother has an 07 civic and they have come a long way since I had my 96 hatch back. Back when I had my hatch back a stock 200hp civic was what dreams were made of.

then it might have been a 95...but it definitely was factory turbo-charged. One of my old co-workers had the car.

ok, cool. So do you drive you NSX daily? How is the quality of the car compare to other sports cars?

In my opinion, you must drive one to see. There are plenty who daily drive their NSX including myself and I personally feel that in terms of quality its is one of the most reliable exotic cars in the market and till this day I truely believe that the NSX's seats are the best in the whole industry where no other manufactures can match in terms of comfort. (Yes it is that comfortable!)

Since I'm getting hitched in Jan. we'll be trading in the CR-V for an 07/08 civic. I'm begging for a 4 dr SI but since 6 speed is the only option, she not going for it. Guess it's gonna be a plain jane civic next to the NSX in the garage.:frown:

I don't daily drive mine. But I would love to. What do you mean by quality? if you mean reliability, its great so far... but mine is new. If you mean quality as in materials quality, well... for this class it is pretty weak. A civic turn signal lever does not belong in a 90K car. If you mean "driving experience", then its fantastic. Incomparable to most ordinary sports cars. There is a terrific driving position, terrific noises, precision, feel. If you have not driven an 02+ NSX, you have no idea how different it is than other sports cars. You sit 6" off the ground with a perfect view of the road ahead and an engine behind your head. I think it needs to be in a different category than "car".

Welcome. Nice Civic and hope you find your NSX soon.

BTW - update your sig.

It says "_Shaper windshield then YOUR NSX ;-) "

If you are going to talk trash here :wink: , check your spelling. I think you meant to say "Sharper" instead of "Shaper" (sharper as in more rake). :biggrin: :tongue:

Back