• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Full Set of Silver Blades for sale

Hello. I’ve got a full set of “Silver Blades”. Please read the next paragraph as one of the 16” wheels is damaged. All 4 wheels are in good condition – meaning round and true. They are scratched and nicked in several places. In a couple of places on all of the wheels, the machine finish has been worn down to an almost polished finish. From a distance, the wheels look great. The imperfections don’t show up very well in the pictures, but they are there. If you want to see what the wheels look like on my NSX, look in the album labeled “1994 NSX” (first three pictures in the album - see link below)

Please look carefully at the wheel number 1 picture with the highlighted area. Notice how the outer rim is modified (ground down)? The wheel was "curbed" by the original owner and he had the wheel fixed by a machinist. The Machinist fixed the damage by grinding the problem area away. By doing so, the wheel is now un-balanceable. It can not be balanced. I've taken the wheel to two different tire shops and neither could balance the wheel because too much material was removed from the outer portion of the wheel.. Both tire shops told me to take the wheel to a repair shop and have new material welded back on to the wheel and then machined to the original shape, and then the wheel would be balanceable. But the wheel was balanced enough to drive at 65 mph without noticeable shake. Anything over 65 and a noticeable (but slight) vibration is felt in the steering wheel. This wheel would make a nice Auto-cross wheel since most Auto-crossing doesn't involve speeds over 65 mph. This wheel could probably be repaired but I didn't want the wheels any way. (I bought the gun-metal gray wheels).

All wheel weights have been removed and  will be shipped without weights. Please email me for my phone number at [email protected]  . $800 is a FIRM price. Buyer to pay for shipping, or pick them up in person, or make arrangements for delivery.

For pictures, go here: http://www.imagestation.com/members/powmaster

[This message has been edited by Litesokneecough (edited 09 September 2002).]

Back