Fuel pump?

My car has been in paint and body shops off and on for last 6 months. Now the paint shop says the fuel pump is failing...He jacked up the car hit the tank with a 2x4 and it started...An acura mechanic suggested that...anyway the car has a whopping 39k miles and a 2001 model....Does this sound like a fuel pump.....He said he shot some stater fluid in the injector to start it once....:confused:

My car has been in paint and body shops off and on for last 6 months. Now the paint shop says the fuel pump is failing...He jacked up the car hit the tank with a 2x4 and it started...An acura mechanic suggested that...anyway the car has a whopping 39k miles and a 2001 model....Does this sound like a fuel pump.....He said he shot some stater fluid in the injector to start it once....:confused:

Get it out of a paint/body shop and take it to a mechanic for a proper diagnosis. What are the symptoms exactly? If it's been sitting there for 6 months I have to believe it's a battery cable, main relay, ignition..again depending on the symptoms. Was fuel filter ever changed?

Jeff

I will see car tommorow....first he said fuel gauge did not work, he added fuel and it started, then he said it would turn over but not start....I dont know if i changed fuel filter, will have to check my records, have owned car for about one year...spent most of that in custom shops....:frown:

Fuel pumps fail very seldom and body shops mess up as much as they fix. Wacking it with a 2 X 4 proves nothing other then they are idiots. Get the car out of the body shop and replace the main relay. If the problem was really with the fuel pump using starting fluid would get it to pop but it would not stay running. Also starting fluid is not good because it does a great job of washing the oil off the cylinder walls.

body shops mess up as much as they fix.

leadimage.jpg

I think someone has hacked into BrianK's identity. He would never make remark like that.:wink:

I would also be surprised if it is the fuel pump. JIC I have a low mileage one from a 92 I can give you if you need one. :smile: I think the car had 20K on the odo when it was removed. PM if you are interested.

Back