• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

FS: Rays/Volks GR-A, 18x8.5 (+35), 18x9.5 (+40), $1100 (need refinish)

Howdy Folks!

First, I'm not a complete stranger to NSX Prime, though an extended absence likely caused my original account to get purged (tried every email address I've ever used to regen it).

I have outstanding references over on the Corvette Forum where I've been a member since '99 and been involved in dozens of deals (including selling my Z06 recently and at least 4 sets of wheels).

I'm prefacing this post because I don't want this to look sketchy given my "new" member status.

At any rate, I wound up with an S2K as our new weekend fun car (and it's a *blast* if you've never driven one). I wanted to do some aftermarket wheels, and was excited when I found a great deal on a set of Volks (Rays) wheel, monoblocked forged, and apparently a JDM only model, a GR-A.

I don't really want to go into details about how and why I bought these (in short: the fitment was slightly misrepresented and I got my numbers a little back-asswards).

They were a good deal and I had a great shop lined up to do a really slick refinish had they worked out. I've seen a few S2K folks posts close to the same fitment, rolled fenders, possibly pulled, other modifications. I'm just not into that level of re-engineering the car - if I were going to do aftermarket fenders I'd just keep them as they would fit amazingly well and give the car a nice wide track.

However, I've decided to keep this ride very OEM-ish and want to allocate most of the funds to go fast goodies vs. cosmetic change ups.

These Volks/Rays GR-A are 18 x 8.5 +35 offset (front) and 18 x 9.5 +40 (rear), monoblock forged - they feel incredibly light (compared to two sets of CCWs, IForged and other wheels I've owned). Based in my current research, this is a good, solid fitment for an NSX (in fact, when I searched for NSX Wheel Fitment (I suspected based on another post, that was the intended vehicle design), the first hit was a wheel thread here, and the 2nd poster was using almost the exact same sizing).

Here's the rub: they definitely need a refinish. There's a some curb rash, a few nicks on the center sections (on 1-10 I'd say 5-6'ish, one may be a 7). I found an excellent resource in Tampa that can clean them up, and complete the refurb with a powdercoat/paint, etc., mixed finished, whatever you'd like.

I'm not trying to make any money, just turn around a set of wheels that won't work for my application. I'm located in Vilano Beach, FL which is basically the St. Augustine area (30 minutes south of Jacksonville, an hour north of Daytona Beach). Anyone is more than welcome to come by and take a look, do a test fitment, etc. They were actually shipped, so they're sitting in ship-able boxes, but I think I'd prefer a local buyer (just for a better hands on deal).

I'm asking $1100 (local, or split actual shipping CONUS) as they sit.

I'm a VERY conscientious seller (if you check me out, username: DT on the Corvette Forum you will see this), so I want every potential concern accounted for up front.

FWIW, I've also considered doing the refurb up front, but I thought leaving this open to the buyer would give them an opportunity to get exactly what they want (my refinish guy mentioned a gloss black lip, flat centers possibly a body colored pinstripe!).

The first group pictures below are from the orignal seller, the shots of them on my S2K are from me and I can take additional pics his were so-so, I'm shooting mine with a Nikon DSLR).

Feel free to contact me directly via email: [email protected], PM or either way and I can provide my phone).

Thanks for looking!

DT

Last edited:
Back