• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front wheel specs for AP brakes

This is a question for those with front AP 6pot calipers (330mm rotors?) on 17" wheels.
Interested to know what wheels, width and offsets worked for you, including the use of wheel spacers.

Peter Mills had that front bbk and he ran the 17/18 combo prodrive 7 spoke wheels that sos sell...I assume you could find the wheel specifics on sos site. If he dosn't carry them anymore I'm sure chris would remember specs.

Peter got the ap system from sos

Tino, I'm running the old RM 4-pot setup on 328mm rotors. I don't know how the measurements differ between the 6-pot and earlier 4-pot, but for what it's worth, here are the wheel specs that I've run.

Work Meister S2R
17 x 8 +41
18 x 10 +45
No Spacers

Advan AVS Model 5
18 x 8 +45
19 x 10 +45
5mm Spacers

Prodrive GC-05F
17 x 7.5 +44
18 x 9.5 +44
5mm Spacers (but only for aesthetic reasons, if I recall correctly)

Advan RS
17 x 8 +37
18 x 10 +35
No Spacers

Thank you guys. Appreciate the information.
It's been so long, I forgot whose calipers Randy offered. AP's?

if you mean the old rm racing randy I think he used the then brembo lotus setup.

Thanks again for your input. I Thought the 4pot Lotus kit didnt really make sense with anything over 315mm. I Could be wrong. I was really interested to know what 17" wheel was used by anyone who used the AP 6pot front calipers offered in the past by Stillen. I am imterested in the attractively specced new Radi-Cal calipers; they have a thin outboard profile and are wheel-offset-friendly.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Back