Front turn signal light question

i have all the hardware to put the signal lights back into the bumper but it seems like the screw is too small for the hole in the bumper. it doesnt go in there snug. is there any other piece required for the screw that sits in the holder to go into?

When you say that it doesn't go in snug, I assume you mean the screw holding the housing in place doesn't tighten up? I also assume that you are using the original screw for the housing. The best case scenario is that the screw is not going into the center of the round plastic fitting in the bumper that is meant to hold it. It is likely slipping to the side between the fitting and the bumper cover so the screw goes all the way in but doesn't tighten. The light housings can be a pain to get in place. When I replaced one of mine, I had to lay on my back and look up to try and make sure the screw was lining up with the center of the plastic fitting in the bumper. Took a number of tries. The worst case scenario is that the little plastic fitting in the bumper is stripped or broken, which I suspect is going to be a real pain in the ... to replace.

There is a speed nut (small metal clip with a threaded hole in it) that the screw goes into. Take the front light assembly out and take a look. The speed nut probably just slid out of place and now the screw is missing it.

Back