Front License Plate 2002 - 2005

Hello, I just searched and was intersted in what other people are doing for front license plates on 2002 + NSX. I wanted to see if any one got creative and did something that would totaly work without really mounting with hardware. Any great idea's? or suggestions?

cheers!

I just don't use a front plate, even though they're required in my state. I haven't been cited for it yet! But if I wanted to do something creative, I'd get one of these (click on animation photo for more info):

I just don't use a front plate, even though they're required in my state. I haven't been cited for it yet! But if I wanted to do something creative, I'd get one of these (click on animation photo for more info):

Has any one used one of these for a 2002 + NSX? becasue you have to move a temp senor and where do you mount that?

As well has anyone seen the one on You tube with the remote? where do you get one of those?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zim51PEH9Jc

It looks like the remote licence plate holder is on Bryleks 2004 NSX. Perhaps Paul can respond to this.

Gary

Has any one used one of these for a 2002 + NSX? becasue you have to move a temp senor and where do you mount that?

As well has anyone seen the one on You tube with the remote? where do you get one of those?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zim51PEH9Jc

The youtube video is mine, I own a 2004 and I also had the SOS folding bracket. If you go with the SOS unit you will have to get out of your car, unscrew at least 2 screws, change the position of your license plate and screw them back in to lock the plate in place. If your car is 02+ you won’t be able to do the "angle" position without modifying the bracket. The automated version I have installed right now is easier to use but it is more expensive. I paid $150 for mine.

I hope this helps.

You may also read this:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146132

Last edited:
On the Science of Speed website, it tells you to just don't use the 30-degree setting on the plate when used on a 2002-2005.

EDIT: I see Brylek confirmed this, above (and also described his automated version :cool: ).

Last edited:
The youtube video is mine. I own a 2004 and I also had the SOS folding bracket. If you go with the SOS unit you will have to get out of your car, unscrew at least 2 screws, change the position of your license plate and screw them back in to lock the plate in place. If your car is 02+ you won’t be able to do the "angle" position without modifying the bracket. The automated version I have installed right now is easier to use but it is more expensive. I paid $150 for mine.
I hope this helps.

Thanks Brylek, that was great to see. I love it!

I have some white hard side velcro under my Bumper. And 2 L brackets on my license plate with soft side velcro.

I ride license plate-less and if I get a ticket, slap it on and get it assigned off. A police officer told me I can do this a many times as I want and I'll be fine plate-less.

I also slap it on if I'm parked on a public street that has parking enforcement, cause they'll write me up also.

Accident drove 60 miles and it didn't even fall off.

So you have that option ;D

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Hi Paul,
While your remote plate might be $150.00, a manually operated SOS plate bracket is $100.00, and is a pain to adjust. Is the remote plate radio or infra-red. In other words can you operate it from inside the car or must it be line of sight (infra-red)? If you can operate it from inside the car, the $50.00 premium is worth it.

Gary

The youtube video is mine, I own a 2004 and I also had the SOS folding bracket. If you go with the SOS unit you will have to get out of your car, unscrew at least 2 screws, change the position of your license plate and screw them back in to lock the plate in place. If your car is 02+ you won’t be able to do the "angle" position without modifying the bracket. The automated version I have installed right now is easier to use but it is more expensive. I paid $150 for mine.

I hope this helps.

You may also read this:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146132

Hi Paul,
While your remote plate might be $150.00, a manually operated SOS plate bracket is $100.00, and is a pain to adjust. Is the remote plate radio or infra-red. In other words can you operate it from inside the car or must it be line of sight (infra-red)? If you can operate it from inside the car, the $50.00 premium is worth it.

Gary

Gary,

The aumotated plate is radio controlled, it works from inside of the car.

If weather allows I will make a better video this weekend so everyone can see how it works in daylight.

BR, Paul.

Back