Front Conversion to newer look

Hey im a potential Buyer of a NSX. And im wondering if when doing a front conversion to later modell front. Do some of the frame need some modification?

Cause i would bring the car back home to norway. And the DMV would get a fitz if the front frame was modified. They would be ok with a newer spec front. But no modification.

So if anyone could shed a light on this, it would be highly apriciated.

Regards
JT

As I understand, you don't change anything on the frame, but it does require different hood, front bumper assembly (cover & under assembly) as well as the headlight units themselves. If you want to do it with OEM parts, the "special vendor price" for parts alone, seems to be somewhat north of $9000.:eek: Aftermarket packages are less (although the OEM headlight units are right at $2500 each, as I understand) Might want to look for a good deal on a 2002, don't ya know?:biggrin:

I believe you have to cut a piece of metal where the newer headlights go in order to get them to sit properly. Don't quote me on it though.

I also did the conversion and can tell you that you can fit and finish to be as good or better then OEM. it actually was a fun process

I believe you have to cut a piece of metal where the newer headlights go in order to get them to sit properly. Don't quote me on it though.

You don't acually have to. If you remove the adjuster mechanism (after adjustment of course) it will fit into the headlight bucket with no cutting. It is a pain if you want to adjust your headlights though.

You don't acually have to. If you remove the adjuster mechanism (after adjustment of course) it will fit into the headlight bucket with no cutting. It is a pain if you want to adjust your headlights though.

hehe.

looked trough your thread man. your car looks awsome. im impressed with the quality. every thing looks just perfect.

JT

I love mine, no regrets. I recommend the Type-R hood since you're replacing it anyway. You don't need the 02+ fenders or door skirts but you may opt to go 100% authentic and get them.

If you're having a shop do the labor expect to spend around $7,500 with parts and labor. It's not cheap but well worth it if that's what you want.

G

where are all the pictures?

If you do the cutout modification for the adjuster, it does not have any affect on the frame stability. It is part of the headlight bucket that is not a stress part of the vehicle as far as I know.

Definitely appreciate the info - I think that will have to wait until I can get an IC package on my toy first! It's a crying shame the amount of money that has to be wasted on food and mortgage, don't ya know??:biggrin:

No seriously do the search because you'll find some techincal answers such as what your posting. For example check this great 02 conversion out and I do believe he mentions something to do with cutting of the original headlight flip up housing to accomodate the newer setup:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87093

Jetpilot

Back