Front Brakes and A/C repairs to 95

I just purchased a 95 nxs-t. It is in need of a front brake job and the a/c is cool but does not get the compartment cold after driving for any length of time. Being in AZ having "cold" a/c would be paramount!
Is there any special brake shops that would be best to handle a brake job on an nsx or will any mechanic/repair shop do fine?
With the A/C, do the nsx's not have good a/c systems or will an a/c repair shop be able to effectively re-charge or repair the system to blow "cold"?

Thanks for any input to a new owner!

Kevin

Welcome and Congrats! :smile:

I would find a local NSX tech in your area. Post a thread in the appropriate forum for your geographical area to get recommendations. Don't let anyone that isn't experienced with an NSX work on your car.

If your Climate Control Unit (CCU) is not functioning properly member Briank can rebuild it for a fraction of the cost any shop will quote you.

If you are mechanically inclined the front pad replacement is'nt hard and you will save a bundle doing it yourself. My AC is still the original R12 system and blows very cold.

I just purchased a 95 nxs-t. It is in need of a front brake job and the a/c is cool but does not get the compartment cold after driving for any length of time. Being in AZ having "cold" a/c would be paramount!
Is there any special brake shops that would be best to handle a brake job on an nsx or will any mechanic/repair shop do fine?
With the A/C, do the nsx's not have good a/c systems or will an a/c repair shop be able to effectively re-charge or repair the system to blow "cold"?

Thanks for any input to a new owner!

Kevin
I would see if you are close to SOS(Science of Speed) and get with them. The a/c may need a charge but if it does, that means it is leaking somewhere and needs to be fixed also.
If you don't already have a service manual, you can look online on this site and be able to run a diagnostic test on the a/c control head to make sure it is working correctly also. If it isn't then contact BrianK here on Prime and he can fix it for you for an affordable price as compared with buying a replacement one.

Back