Front air dam spoiler

Hello all,

I have a question on the front air dam spoiler. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that can or have made a front air dam spoiler that is just like a cap (no more that 1" lower from the bottom of the front bumper)? Basically the reason I'm asking this is that my driveway is kind of steep and I have rolled my stock front air dam under. I have now removed the front air dam piece to preventing further damage. It looks really bad without that front piece. Before anyone suggest that I try going in my driveway in an angle I already tried and it doesn't matter (still rubs). Besides my driveway is a single car entry driveway and I don't really have room to do this. So if anyone can suggest a manufacturer or otherwise, I'd appreciate it.

What year is your NSX? If its a later model NSX you could switch to the front air dam spoiler on the earlier years. The earlier ones were not as low.

Originally posted by NMYMIRR:
Hello all,

I have a question on the front air dam spoiler. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that can or have made a front air dam spoiler that is just like a cap (no more that 1" lower from the bottom of the front bumper)? Basically the reason I'm asking this is that my driveway is kind of steep and I have rolled my stock front air dam under. I have now removed the front air dam piece to preventing further damage. It looks really bad without that front piece. Before anyone suggest that I try going in my driveway in an angle I already tried and it doesn't matter (still rubs). Besides my driveway is a single car entry driveway and I don't really have room to do this. So if anyone can suggest a manufacturer or otherwise, I'd appreciate it.

------------------
acrmotorsports_1683_988562
www.acrmotorsports.com

[This message has been edited by ACR_Motorsports (edited 08 April 2002).]

NMYMIRR,
is your car lowered? It is 10 days I am driving without my painted lower front spoiler and I have to admit that it looks quite nice with a simpler look than with the spoiler (newer cars have a one piece front, in the NSX we have three parts there).
I imagine that if the car has stock height it would definitely look worse because of the "high nose" look.

I just ordered a chin spoiler for my '91.
It is 2" down and 2" out. Looks great. Made of hard plastic. Company is [email protected]. Ask for Dennis.
Cost $160. Also, Dennis has an auction on ebay for the same spoiler chin starting at $150.

Check it out.

Originally posted by NSX&RX7:
It is 2" down and 2" out. Looks great. Made of hard plastic. Company is [email protected]. Ask for Dennis.
Cost $160. Also, Dennis has an auction on ebay for the same spoiler chin starting at $150.

Check it out.

The chin spoiler is from RM Racing and it is fragile on steep driveways or curbs.

I just purchased a front spoiler for my '94. It's the old style. Acura parts guy said he had not heard they were discontinued. Cost $124 +/- with NSXCA discount and tax.

Originally posted by NSX&RX7:

Check it out.

That's not going to help anything, considering that it is even LOWER of a drop than the stock one. The RM Racing spoiler is also about the most fragile thing you can put on the front of your car. Having said that, I have one on mine and think it looks great! Wouldn't you agree NMYMIRR?

Thanks for all the input guys. My car is a 97 NSX-T lowered with Bilstein HD shocks with the adjustable perch. It is lowered about 3/4" from stock height. I did do a research on the stock front air dam (chin spoiler) and this is what I came up with. For 91-96 part # 71110-SL0-000 and for 97-98 the part # is 71110-SL0-003. Basically I know that for 91-96 the chin spoiler is about 1/2"-3/4" smaller than the 97-98 ones. This is still a little to deep to clear my driveway without rubbing. I took a measurement from the lowest point of contact (vertex angle) where the chin spoiler and the concrete meets. I have only 3/4" maximum clearance from bottom of the actually very bottom of the front bumper to the ground.

Thanks for all the input guys. My car is a 97 NSX-T lowered with Bilstein HD shocks with the adjustable perch. It is lowered about 3/4" from stock height. I did do a research on the stock front air dam (chin spoiler) and this is what I came up with. For 91-96 part # 71110-SL0-000 and for 97-98 the part # is 71110-SL0-003. Basically I know that for 91-96 the chin spoiler is about 1/2"-3/4" smaller than the 97-98 ones. This is still a little to deep to clear my driveway without rubbing. I took a measurement from the lowest point of contact (vertex angle) where the chin spoiler and the concrete meets. I have only 3/4" maximum clearance from bottom of the actually very bottom of the front bumper to the ground.

The old OEM spoiler has not beeb made or sold for 3-4 years.

------------------
need more info? please private me @

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

My suggestion is to change the mounting point of the shocks to put it back at the stock ride height. Lowering may be fine for those living in the sprawl of suburbia or out in the country, but it's a distinct liability for those of us who must negotiate the narrow driveways and steep parking garage ramps whose design is dictated by the space constraints of urban living.

Originally posted by salontools:
I just purchased a front spoiler for my '94. It's the old style. Acura parts guy said he had not heard they were discontinued.
IIRC, they discontinued the old one in 1998. The 97+ chin spoiler (deeper in side edges) is AFAIK the only one they stock nowadays.

From what you describe, I'm not sure the 91-96 unit will solve your problem.

[This message has been edited by cojones (edited 09 April 2002).]

Back