From the supra forums.... damn those things are fast..

This is an interesting thread. Copied direct..

For all you guys that have driven your Supra up to 200mph
Hi guys,

Here's the deal. A local guy in town has an IROC Camaro that has run 8.567 in the quarter at 160mph. He has procured a two mile long airstrip to run on from a 100mph roll until we find a winner.

What should I do to my Supra to make it more safe to run at a speed approaching 200mph?? I have TEIN coilovers, and a full Do-Luck body kit with under diffuser, and RMM adjustable wing. What are some techniques for driving at those speeds?

Eric

PS. The 502 ci IROC runs a 650 dual stage shot, and is a full wieght 3500 lbs. He makes approximately 1150 rwhp.

Last edited by cowboy bebop on 02-02-2004 at 08:41 PM

way too fast, these guys are nuts. they are going to get killed

why dont they just switch to superbikes instead? itll save them mager bucks $

the amazing thing is this thread is about 5 pages long with a lot of guys who have run their 700-1200 whp supras way the hell up there! all offereing advice, one of which has been repeated a couple times "make sure there's an ambulance"

Supra tt w/ 6spds is a great platform to build on, it has insane capacity.. a BPU supra (with downpipe, raised boost, and speed limiter removed) generally 380~400 rwhp/tq can do 170 mph easily.

180+mph is very achieveable with a few other cheap twicks..

you can generally eat anything on the freeway..

now, i am only talking about with stock twin turbos, if you like to go apes with larger aftermarket turbos, you have a lot of selections.. a dream tool to monkey with...

if there is anything i dont like about supra is.. it is a little too heavy.. granted, the skidpad is still .98 or so.. but, continueous twist turns... you WILL feel the weight..

-jjc.
red nsx 6spds
blk supra 6spds

What other car on the planet can you gain 40 bhp just by adding a 3" downpipe!!!!!! These motors love to breathe, and reward the owner big time. They are slow and heavy off the line, and do have traction problems, but by the end of the 1/4 mile, they eat up the car that they were chasing at the 1/8 mile point!

Back