From Boost to NA NSX?

I was wondering if anyone here has previously had a turbo'd FWD Honda and have now come over to the NSX (NA) camp? What does it feel like to have been driving with all that extra torque with boost on your hatch/coupe and now having to transition back to NA with the X? Obviously the chracteristics are totally different in comparison to the X but I'm talking just in terms of straight line power. Does it feel like there is the lack of ooomph and make you feel like you want to go back into boosting your hatch?

Basically I love boost and have been bitten with the bug as I currently have a boosted ITR but I also love the X despite the fact that I haven't driven one yet. I have been dreaming about owning one but just haven't got the finances for it. I can't afford both cars and so have to make a decision to stick with my ITR and build the hell outta the block for 400whp+ or part it for an X. I know for the fact that boosting the X is not an option for me as I would be homeless if I do so it would have to stay NA. I'm afraid that I might miss the torque and want to go back to boosting a hatch or something after owning an X. So just curious if anyone has been down this route and their experiences.

I'm not just after straight line acceleration but a complete package thats why I boosted the ITR (handling and power). As I know that the X has all the other qualities already hence I'm only concerned about its power where I'm thinking that there may be a lack of. I'm asking if anybody has experience and have owned both in their car history.

Had a 605whp Integra....

Now have a 1991 NSX, i boosted it at 6psi for a while, but decided to sell it all off and go NA.

bought another block to do a large displacement motor.

although the boosted nsx was fast..... just didnt have the same "personality" if that makes sense at all.

really, i dont miss the integra at all.

-Ray

Yes I'm going to test drive one soon when I get a chance.

Now have a 1991 NSX, i boosted it at 6psi for a while, but decided to sell it all off and go NA.

So are you quite happy with the power of your NA NSX now?

Back