Friday NSXPO Caravan???

I have reserved my hotel room and I am READY TO GO! I can't wait!

Unfortunately, I had to cancel my general NSXPO registration because I was unable to get the time off. (They really make me work for that salary!) That means I can't join the regular caravan.

Fortunately, I will still be able to attend the driving school!

This will be a LOOOOOOOONG shot... but it's worth it. I'm prepared to make the long trip by myself... but here goes...

I still have to be at work on Friday. But I will be leaving at around noon. Anyone else leaving around this time?

I'm planning on making a non-stop (except for gas) trip from San Diego to the NSXPO HQ Hotel... I have my ValentineOne and BearCat scanner ready to go. (I don't plan on going that fast... nothing ruins the trip more than a speeding ticket... in other words... I'm a wuss.)

Any takers? Hello? Anyone? Damn it... :D

Let me not be your spoiler in here ...... but you are driving about 9 hours with hardly any rest, and you expect to be on the track fresh and ready the next day at 7:00 am ...... :eek:

Let me know what pills you are popping or what you are smoking ....... :confused: .............. I want them too, real bad ...... :D

C'mon Hrant, you are killing me! :)

I'm hoping to get there at around 7pm-9pm. Regardless of what time I get there, I don't think I'll be able to fall asleep. I've always had the problem of sleeping before a big event. I usually run on 3-5 hours of sleep for events like this. I just can't help it. :( I guess I'm too excited for the next day?

--Conrad

P.S. I'm on nsxtasy (not KEN!) by the way.... :D

POWERED by HONDA said:
C'mon Hrant, you are killing me! :)

I'm hoping to get there at around 7pm-9pm. Regardless of what time I get there, I don't think I'll be able to fall asleep. I've always had the problem of sleeping before a big event. I usually run on 3-5 hours of sleep for events like this. I just can't help it. :( I guess I'm too excited for the next day?

--Conrad

P.S. I'm on nsxtasy (not KEN!) by the way.... :D

Kids............

PBH - i may be able to join you on your journey. i'm not part of any of the event of the NSXPO but still would like to check it out and meet other NSX'er.

are you taking 5 or 101? cuz im no where near 5. im in Vandenberg AFB. lemme know.

tararan said:
PBH - i may be able to join you on your journey. i'm not part of any of the event of the NSXPO but still would like to check it out and meet other NSX'er.
tararan,

It would have been great to meet you and many other "visiting" NSXers at NSXPO, but based on the discussion of this thread, it looks like you wouldn't be allowed to just "check it out". :(

-Randy

damn, oh well. i guess there's no point of me heading out there then.

thanks fury.

you know why they are not letting unregistered people mingle with the rest of the NSX'er?

you dont have to answer question jsut read the whole thing.

so much for an NSX community. can't even mingle without paying.

tararan said:
you dont have to answer question jsut read the whole thing.

so much for an NSX community. can't even mingle without paying.
Yeah, I know. It's so sad. I can userstand some of the organizers reasons, but at the same time, I have to believe that there's got to be some way to have accommodated some spectators for the track event. It's too bad, 'cuz from the sounds of it, I would have been able to meet some additional NSXPrime users. Oh well. Maybe for future NSXPOs.

hopefully next time..

i also understand the motives of the organizers but i don't understand why some of em are being so AN@L about it.

so cal region got the best NSX people...

95% Sure I'm Going

With the change in admission policy, I'm quite certain I will now be making the trip. Need to firm up schedule a bit. During the time I wasn't certain I scheduled some work for the Friday morning, but if you are planning to leave at noon, that should work well. I'll be coming from east of the 5. I usually veer up the 134/210 and connect with the 5. I expect it will take you at least an hour or more to get to that point, which is where I would like to meet up with the caravan. If this sounds workable, lets exchange cell numbers and we can talk more before the day arrives.

Return Trip

Are you still planning to return on Monday? If so, any thoughts as to anticipated departure time?

During the time that you thought you were leaving on Friday, did you find that there were many people interested in caravaning on that date? Perhaps I can connect with others interested in leaving on Friday.

Hi Ron,

I will be making a red-eye drive home after the NSXPO Driving School on Sunday.

There was zero interest except what was posted here on this topic. It was a long shot, if I were still to go on Friday, we'd be the only ones.

I know there is a caravan home on Monday. I don't know the time of their depature.

Hope to see you there,
--Conrad

anyone still interested in going up for the weekend?

I am sorry to say, but the hell is going on w/ NSXPO? It seems like everyone is arguing for stupid thing. We are all friends here...can we just get along and have fun together? what kind of an association where everyone fight each other? anywhoo, where is my mouse?

Some people were upset b'cuz they could not come out to NSXPO just to watch the "Drivers School". They thought it unfair that they had to pay just to watch. The NSXPO Commitee rectified the issue and now everyone is happy! End of story.

that is so awesome!!! glad to hear!!! thanks for closing up this issue and I am feeeling much better now....OKback to the caravan :D

ss_md said:
Some people were upset b'cuz they could not come out to NSXPO just to watch the "Drivers School". They thought it unfair that they had to pay just to watch. The NSXPO Commitee rectified the issue and now everyone is happy! End of story.

Friday Departure

I'm heading up to NSXPO on Friday around noon. I am in San Bernardino County. Near where 10 Freeway meets the 5. I may be able to pull out an hour or two earlier, but made some work commitments, and hopefully no later. When driving north I usually take the 210 which joins up with the 5 a bit further North than where the 10 fwy intersects with the 5. I would welcome any company.

Back