Freedom Run 2007!

Ever since the Cannonball Run Movies of the early 80’s, I’ve been interested in being involved in a Gumball / Cannonball run ( Rally). At the age of 38, finally, my slightly better financial status has allowed me to now be the proud owner of a high mileage 1993 NSX! So what do I do, I jump head first into researching some of the events offered, from driving schools to Gumball rallies and I come to the conclusion that most rallies are too expensive for me to enter, too inconvenient as far as starting locations, how long the event is, too bureaucratic, maybe a bit dangerous, and really designed for the guys and gals with a lot off loot and very little respect for the safety of themselves and others around them, oh and not afraid to pay a 750 dollar speeding ticket everyday (long sentence huh?) Well that’s just not me, and I can’t believe it is for the majority of NSX and other sports car enthusiast. So then I started to brain storm, and came up with the idea of an “unofficial” rally for us regulars, called, the "Freedom Run 2007”

My idea of freedom means free from paying an entry fee, Free to choose the location from which you start (meaning you can actually start from you home door step to be in the race.) Freedom meaning the course can change at anytime due to weather, drivers wanting a new course, the freedom of us all making a decision together. As we all become participants and organizers we are free from the red tape and legality (liability) of it all, as an “unofficial” rally there is no paper work, signed forms, waivers, deposits, and official recognition of this event. If car problems take you out of the race, an emergency, lack of interest, whatever, you’re free of course to go home and not feel like you just wasted 10,000.00 dollars on nothing but a head ache.

Don’t get me wrong, this wont be a rally where you’re driving by yourself (and your passenger) for 2,000 miles at 55 mph, just to turn around in the middle of nowhere and return home. Although the original Cannonballs were about who gets where first and thumbing your middle finger up at law enforcement and a protest of the enactment of the national speed limit, this rally is about camaraderie, the love of driving, meeting, eating, and partying with other car enthusiasts, traveling new roads, visiting new cities, testing our endurance and navigation skills, and testing our team driving skills. My middle name is fun. Like everyone else out there I enjoy a little head rush, a little action, getting my blood circulating, but within boundaries. I think with my idea we can accomplish all this, at a fraction the cost but with all the fun and excitement.

Because this is an “unofficial” event I won’t be posting anymore about this in this forum, however there is a lot more information about it. Please contact me via email, for your anonymity don’t reply to this posting on the website, just email me and I will respond with a lot more info. Because this is called “Freedom Run 2007” I am free and open minded looking for people to help me brain storm ideas, give me ideas and suggestions, hell read over my plan and tell me if this is completely stupid and wont work, whatever.

Thanks
DYNDUO
Email: [email protected]

Back