Found this unknown device mounted in car...anyone know what it is??

HI- I just bought a new used daily driver..I noticed some type of cabling going through the roof panel , today I got into the spare tire compartment, and mounted some type of Motorola Device, it was all attached with a COAX, parallel, and looks like an Ethernet cable all going into it...does anyone know what this is?? thanks...previous owner didnt say anything.

fcca25f9.jpg

fcca25f6.jpg

More than likely a Hands-free kit for one of their cell phones. Did you try doing a search on the part number that must certainly be on the unit you have in the picture.

I have found their website to be pretty good. Worst case you could probably call the customer service number on the website. I'm sure that someone there could certaily tell you what it was.

------------------
97 NSX-T Black/Tan
00 Mercedes 430CLK (Cab)
93 Cadillac Allante (Northstar)
98 GMC Sierra
00 HD Dyna WideGlide
83 Cessna 303 (Crusader)

Congratulations. You car is obviously one of the prototypes of the USGWD Program (stands for the US Government Watchdog Program). The device is intended to send regular signals to geosynchronous satellites to track your every movement when you get into your car, and your car's general whereabouts. Consider it one more step that the US Government has taken to protect its citizens from the evil threats that abound around us. Since you have found and unmarked the device, you have put yourself in grave danger, as nobody (but me) was supposed to have known about it. Destroy the device immediately, and get yourself to the only safe place -- the Maldives.

Regards.

That is a Motorola 3 watt analog cellular phone.
I used to build them.
the handsfree car kit is a smaller, thicker black plastic box with a phone hack connector that might be located behind the center console, beneath the center speaker. At least, thats where mine was.

Kinan is correct. That is the transceiver to a Motorola 3 watt analog phone. The coax connects to the external antenna. The "ethernet" type plus connects to a box that eventually connects to a handset.

[This message has been edited by WeakestLink (edited 12 January 2003).]

Back