Found a NSX Locally! Guide me on WHAT to LOOK For =)

GPW_NSX

Well, I found an NSX locally..and wanted to get some insight and help as for what to look for.

I really wanted and was hoping to buy an NSX from someone local on the board. As, I really want a car that has maint. records and was owned/cared by someone who was enthusiast.

Anyhow, The one Im looking at...has had the following maintenence done per the owner telling me.

New Water pump, Trans Case, Snap ring fixed, New Clutch disks, and Timing belt.

Below is the specs of it..

Tell me if you think its a good deal..or should I stay away from it.

1992 Formula Red NSX
90,000 miles
5 Spd

Problems with car:

Driver side window goes up very slow
Bose stereo system gets moody sometimes and makes loud screeching noised (thats what the current owner said)
There is a light ding on the door
Bolster on the drivers seat has wear on it

Anyhow, Im goin to look at it tomorrow morning and was wondering is there any specifics I should know?

Like, what questions to ask, what to look for on the car?

Any input would VERY much appreciated..

Thanks in advance

-Eric :smile:

Sounds similar to the car I just bought 92 98k new Tbelt 90k slight wear on dr seat, one ding ....sure would like to know what they are asking for it? :wink: :wink: :wink:

sounds reasonable, thats what they were asking for the car i bought, my car did not have window or audio problems, I offered 25.5k and they accepted it...FYI...some people say it was not a good price and others say it was a great price but the car was dry under the motor/tranny and had been well taken care of, make sure you tryout all systems IE climate control,ABS,cruise cont,TCS ect ect......and make your offer contingent on a professional inspection... :smile: ..JZ

NsXMas said:
sounds fair, very common issues. whether it's a good deal depends on whether there are any other issues, and factor in transport costs if you're going to have to buy out of town, etc etc....

Sounds like a deal tho, if you don't want to wait.

lol, the car is local..hence why I am excited about the deal. If you seen my other posts, I was at the point to purchase an NSX out of state to find and get the one I wanted.

Ill check this one out tomorrow and ill let you know to the best of my knowledge ..whats all wrong with it.

Thanks again

-Eric

Back