Formula Drift -- Streets of Long beach -- Cruise + Event?

Round 1 of 2011 Formula Drift season is Saturday, April 9th.

I will be attending and wanted to see if there was anyone else interested in going. The schedule for the day is as follows:

9:00 am – 5:00 pm – Box Office Open – Long Beach Arena Box Office
10:00 am – Gates Open to the Public - Venue
11:30 am – 1:00 pmMain Competition: Round of 32 – Track
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm – "Half-time" Break – Venue
2:00 pm – 2:30 pm – National Anthem / Opening Ceremonies – Track
2:30 pmMain Competition: Round of 16 to Finals – Track
4:30 pm – 5:00 pm – Trophy Ceremony and Closing – Main Paddock
5:00 pm – Box Office Close – Long Beach Arena Box Office
6:00 pm – Gates Close to Public

I am going to try and get to track by 11:00 so it gives me enough time to park and get to my seats (I am getting reserved seats). I am not sure if there are 'in-and-out' privileges, but if there is maybe we could run get something to eat at "half-time."

Also, I am thinking if there is any interest we can do a cruise to Long Beach. I'll be staying in LB already but am definitely willing to cruise out and then back in :). So I'll wait to see if there is any interest and then decide on that.

I'll be out of town next wknd but i'll be working the pits somewhere for the LB Grand Prix the wknd after. If you're staying thru that wknd.. well.. you've got my digits.

Formula D and Long Beach Grand Prix? Gives me every reason to hit the streets of the LBC!! Count me in. I'd say we post up on a meet spot for everyone to rendezvous then cruise to Long Beach. Perhaps at like 9:30-10am Saturday, April 9, 2011 meet at ????

I'll be out of town next wknd but i'll be working the pits somewhere for the LB Grand Prix the wknd after. If you're staying thru that wknd.. well.. you've got my digits.

Unfortunately I will be headed to SF on Sunday for a week of business. Also, JFYI, I like to use smoke signals as a method of communication, they are much more reliable.

Formula D and Long Beach Grand Prix? Gives me every reason to hit the streets of the LBC!! Count me in. I'd say we post up on a meet spot for everyone to rendezvous then cruise to Long Beach. Perhaps at like 9:30-10am Saturday, April 9, 2011 meet at ????

You know me, always down for a cruise! I think Leaving no later than 10am would be perfect! Lets pick a spot.

YES! I am in.

I am sorry... are you lost? Did you see anywhere on the OP that you were invited:rolleyes::wink::biggrin:? Besides we all know you're only coming for a chance to eat lunch anyways :):tongue:

^^Man, you know me best. But Steve, you got to get with the program. You didn't even list which food vendors are going to be there, less the menu. You know those are deal breakers for me. You are buying lunch.:eek:

i don't know if anyone from the OC area is gonna head to this event, but if we can set something up around the West Covina area to then caravan down the 605/105/710 or we could take alternate routes, whichever is clever.

I'm down for a cruise this day. So I just got word my girl ain't goin, so that means I don't have to wake up extra early to pick her up, lol. Other than that, what's the dillyo people?

i don't know if anyone from the OC area is gonna head to this event, but if we can set something up around the West Covina area to then caravan down the 605/105/710 or we could take alternate routes, whichever is clever.

I'm down for a cruise this day. So I just got word my girl ain't goin, so that means I don't have to wake up extra early to pick her up, lol. Other than that, what's the dillyo people?

Ron!!!! You are alive. Havent heard from you in months. Thought you sold the nsx. I double check plans but i will try to roll out with sti friend. Nsx will be ready next week :/

Ron!!!! You are alive. Havent heard from you in months. Thought you sold the nsx. :/

LOL I was thinking the same thing:tongue:

I will try to make it.

^^^ you guys are crazy. OF COURSE I'M ALIVE. I'm here to take over the world gentlemen. MY NSX IS READY THAN EVER!!

Jason, take that baby out bro. Anyway, two LBC events coming up this and next weekend. Hope to see you guys there. :biggrin:

Hmmm, it may rain sat.... Is it rain or shine? And ron, come by and show me what you've been doing. We go shooting local, i bought a beretta M9

i may take on this Formula D event around half-time cause i have to take care of some business in the morning around 10am. i will meet you guys up perhaps after that depending how early i finish. i'll keep you guys posted. oh and btw, any of you guys down for a food run afterwards? perhaps some sushi??? :wink:

i may take on this Formula D event around half-time cause i have to take care of some business in the morning around 10am. i will meet you guys up perhaps after that depending how early i finish. i'll keep you guys posted. oh and btw, any of you guys down for a food run afterwards? perhaps some sushi??? :wink:

Did you say Sugar Fish?!?!:wink:

Most likely, I will not be attending the whole venue. I will probably drop in at the main competition round. It ends at around 4:30 looking at the schedule, so we might get out by 5? Head out for a little cruise and a sushi run as Ron suggested at 6. How does that sound?

Steve, for your reserved seats, do we have to attend early for spots.

Ron,

I may be interested in going later with you. Call me when you are about an hour away from finishing your task/chore,

Mario
h 626-355-1607
m 626-676-3000

I'd like to meet up somewhere... I'm in the Tustin area, so if anyone wants to criuse to LB with me, reply to the tread. If not, I'll look for you there!

John

Did you say Sugar Fish?!?!:wink:

Most likely, I will not be attending the whole venue. I will probably drop in at the main competition round. It ends at around 4:30 looking at the schedule, so we might get out by 5? Head out for a little cruise and a sushi run as Ron suggested at 6. How does that sound?

Steve, for your reserved seats, do we have to attend early for spots.

hugo, that sounds like something. was looking at more towards around 3pm for sugarfish. don't know if that's cool with everyone else. but i don't wanna ruin any of your guys' schedule.

hit me up guys later as to where you are all at.

@mario i'll let you know whats up

My NSX isn't running, and I've missed sitting in a NSX, or even driving one. Can I ride along with one of you to Long Beach? I'm in Lake Forest, but can drive north to meet you, maybe even meet in H.B.?

I bought a VIP ticket, but have been too busy at work and at home yesterday so I didn't go.

Today I'll just go there for a few hours and eat their free lunch (not that I'm looking forward to a gourmet feast), watch the show, and check out the vendors.

Call: 949-510-3241

Last edited:
It was a great day watching the drifting event and fun as always to hang out with some of the local and not so local (Stephen and Eileen) NSXer's. We all had a good time at dinner talking and laughing about things, such as who's Stephen's real boss is (Eileen). You had to be there to fully understand that one:wink:. It was too bad Jason and Nicole had to leave early but we understood as Jason wanted to get back to put the finishing touches on his new NSX:smile:. Here are some pics of the day. Sorry there are no pics of the drifting as I was having too much fun watching and forgot to take any pictures:redface:. Hopefully someone else will post some.

Lucky driver to have a beautiful woman under each arm.
DriftingeventinLB007.jpg

DriftingeventinLB008.jpg

DriftingeventinLB009.jpg

DriftingeventinLB011.jpg

Everyone seems happy with a full stomach after dinner. There is Ron's new motorcycle in the background............. Just kidding. His real one was in the parking lot and is BAD ASS.
DriftingeventinLB012.jpg

Last edited:
I will be there next time, with the nsx ;). Thanks for posting pic man, i'll show cole later. Les, you will have to see car in person, it looks amazing..... Though about as loud as steves nsx lol.

Back